The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I wish I still had my steamer. Cooked broccoli perfectly. Ten minutes, and you have these nice green florets, a little crunch (definitely not mushy). And a nice vibrant green. Not washed out when it gets boiled to death.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When it comes to bad broccoli, you can't beat Outback . . . I mean seriously, you get mostly stalk with some little numbs of the flowerettes on the tips.

But broccoli is really iffy . . . I find that when it comes to broccoli, it needs to be enhanced for my tastebuds. If it's raw broccoli, it needs some kind of dip; if it's cooked broccoli, it needs some salt and maybe a little melted butter as well.

Carrots I think I tend to like a little better raw than cooked, but when it comes to cooked carrots, there's usually two different kinds in my house: sweet or savory. By that I mean the carrots are either roasted in a mixture of brown sugar and syrup of some kind, or roasted with seasonings like garlic salt or onion powder. But like fuzzygobo said about broccoli, it's hard to cook carrots just right: if they're undercooked, they still have too much bite to them; if they're overcooked they're practically mush.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I love broccoli but you really gotta cook that stuff well. I have had pretty nasty broccoli before.

Never from outback but resteraunt broccoli usually never comes out great much.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Cauliflower is almost the same as broccoli. Either raw or cooked it needs some dressing up.
But both are extremely good for you.

Any Del

Reaction score
Broccoli is good for me. Have no issues with it.