The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don’t know if they still make them, but back in the 80s there was this thing called a Chipwich. Vanilla ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies, then rolled in more chocolate chips.
I never really cared for ice cream sandwiches. The cookie part was always kinda mushy, and the ice cream always seemed to melt too fast.

But give me an Italian ice, and now we’re talking! 😋

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Back in grade school, during the warm months, the ice cream man parked his truck right in n front of school. At 3 pm and five hundred kids could me out, he could hear his cash register going Ka -CHING!!! What a racket.
He sold a lot of Good Humor bars, Creamsicles, snow cones, the works. But I always got an Italian ice. Cherry and watermelon were my favorite. It came with a little wooden spoon. At the bottom, the ice was a concentrated sugary sludge. I was in Paradise.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm an Italian ice guy myself! Look in my freezer in July and you're gonna see BOXES of Italian ices from our supermarket. The flavors have included cherry, watermelon, lemon, strawberry-banana, and.....mango!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ice cream men, and food vendors at public events really jack up the prices, but I recently learned they have to do that, because it's literally the only times of the year they get work, so they have to make as much money as they can off their rackets.