The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to stuffing my face with a barbecue chicken pizza for my New Years eve dinner on Friday.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Pretty good. Buffalo chicken pizza's pretty good too . . . at least both are from CiCi's; I've tried Papa John's version of both, but honestly wasn't entirely impressed with either.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean Papa John’s sucks *** to begin with.

Also js this pizza I’m getting is from a local pizzeria.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This thread hasn’t been up that long, but I’m having trouble remaining if I mentioned this or not. Senior moment.
I don’t know how many other states besides New Jersey have their own official state sandwich. But here, it’s Taylor ham, egg, and cheese on a bagel. Any bagel shop, any diner has this. The big national chains like McDonald’s and Dunkin don’t offer this. Maybe it will always be just a local custom, who knows.
Obama was here years ago, and said he liked it.
Some places call it Taylor ham, other places call it pork roll. You can get it preslixed thick or thin, or get a foot long roll and slice it yourself. It’s not technically ham, but more of a tangy sausage.
Back in the 90s I briefly worked at a bagel shop. Every day they had a different breakfast special. Bacon and egg, sausage and egg, etc.
Friday was Taylor ham, egg and cheese on a bagel ( starting to build a following) with a large coffee for two bucks.
The bagel shop had plenty of breakfast competition. In the same parking lot was McD’s and Dunkin, a diner and a 7-11 across the street, yet we still had lines out the door, especially on Friday.
Two bucks for a big breakfast sandwich and a large coffee, that’s a great deal.