The Final Jim Henson skits

MIKEB97

Reaction score
I think I may have made a little mistake. The bird didn't say itwas divorce but she said that her parents love her despite them living in different places.

Joggy

Reaction score
Yes, I think I know that song. "They may not be together, but they still love me" or something like that. She never said they were divorced indeed - she just sang about her parents living in different trees.

I think that was a great way to deal with divorce - just explaining what it's about to have "two homes", and not the whole "daddy and mommy don't love eachother anymore" thing. That would only confuse kids.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Joggy + Mike,

Oh yeah i think ive seen that number !

See ya

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Remember a song sung by Kermit called "We're Alive"? Kermit was sitting on a hill and as he was singing, animals and monsters came to join him. Was that song from 1990 or was from 1989?

Joggy

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that one was even earlier - maybe 1988? No idea actually... I've seen that song.

How about the one where Kermit, trying to read, teaches a group of Twiddlebugs, Yipyips and noisy musicians to sing solid harmony? I haven't seen that one in ages...

MIKEB97

Reaction score
I guess that one could be from 1989 or 1990. Do you recall a song that Bert sang to Ernie? Some of the lyrics went "have you ever looked at a paperclip".

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember Guy Smiley's final performance. A barber was going to cut this guy's hair. Until Guy burst through the wall in a white tuxedo and started singing a song about air while a marching band came in as well. And everytime the barber said a word that rhymed with air, Guy would bust through another wall and sing about air again.

And I believe I've seen Jim's last performance of Kermit was when he and Miss. Piggy were on a talk show, (I can't remember the name) talking about the Muppets at Disneyworld. When the host brought up something about Piggy getting stuck in the cement at the Chinese Theater there, she threw a tantrum.

Collgoff

Reaction score
The last Seame Street newsflash that jim Henson did was a little who lived in 2 trees.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Long ago, sample pages for the Sesame Street 40th anniversary book were posted online, and by the time the book was released a number of changes had occurred. One thing that appeared in the sample pages but not the final released version was a section on Jim Henson's last day on the Sesame Street set, which said that his last segments were Kermit's "I Wonder About the World Above Up There", Ernie's "Don't Throw That Trash on the Ground", and Sesame Street News: The Bird Family. And I noticed all three of those segments used park sets.

I wish that the 40th anniversary DVD included some of Jim Henson's season 21 segments, whether they were from his last day or not. Too bad no such segments were included.