• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Christmas Music
    Our 19th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. An official DVD is on the way.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

The Final Jim Henson skits

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Ok. I know that Jim Henson's last TV appearance was on Arsenio Hall before he died. Does anyone recall what were Jim's final Kermit & Ernie skits before his death?

Joggy

Reaction score
I think the opera song "Up and Down" with Placido Flamingo and Ernie was recorded (or aired) in 1990. So was Kermit's "Tadpoles" song, and Guy Smiley's "Air" song.

Jackie

Reaction score
And those skits were amazing... I still remember those little STICK FIGURES used in The Ernie Placido sketch!!

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Those stick figures of Ernie and Placido were cool! Do you recall any other final Henson skits on SS.

Joggy

Reaction score
Jackee

Originally posted by Jackie
I still remember those little STICK FIGURES used in The Ernie Placido sketch!!
Uhm, those are stick PUPPETS. LOL!

Joggy

Reaction score
Grovermike

I am not quite sure if it's 1990, but there was this scene where Ernie sang the "Best Friend Blues" with Snuffy. It was a song about Bert being sick, and Big Bird visiting his grandma.

Jackie

Reaction score
Well I don't remember laughing so hard!! Those stick puppets were the funniest creations I have ever seen! They remind me of foil friends. I got my foil friend in the mail today!!!!!!!

Thanks Emmy!!!!!! :smile:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
Well I don't remember laughing so hard!! Those stick puppets were the funniest creations I have ever seen! They remind me of foil friends. I got my foil friend in the mail today!!!!!!!

Thanks Emmy!!!!!! :smile:

You got it?

Yay!

Hooray for Foil Friends!

MIKEB97

Reaction score
I remember the Best Friend Blues Song. Ernie was sitting on the green stairs in the arbour area. I think this was from late 1989 or 1990. Another one from early 1990 was when Kermit intreveiwed a bird who sang a song about divorce.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Mike,

Hey wait a minute there !

Have i missed something ?

Kermit interviewing a Bird who sings about Divorce ?

On SESAME STREET ?!

What is the street coming too (And that was 12 years ago!)

See ya