The Fate of Muppetvision 3*D

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, i'll just hope for the best, but expect the worst. not like I was going to that park anyway, but I really want to see a little care in the company they they bought.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Someone was quoted saying something like...why go to a theme park to see fake Californian mountains and trees when you can do that outside the theme park already? Why go to a park about California that is already in California? Know what I mean. I didn't read anything about the closing of Muppet Vision, but Mickey's Philharmagic is definitely in the planning.
That's very interesting. I've been saying that very thing since they first announced this park, however many years ago it's been now.

As far as Mickey's Philharmagic, there are two other soundstages the same size as MuppetVision sitting empty right now. The former site of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" and the "Hollywood and Dine" restaurant location. That still doesn't mean that MuppetVision is safe, but it also does mean that it hasn't been officially announced anywhere that it's being replaced, either.

:stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
Well... Yes, I can understand why someone living in California would make those comments. But remember that it's a theme park where though the majority of the people visiting it regularly are from California, it gets visitors from the rest of the USA and across the world who don't have California mountains or landscapes to look at every day.

That's just what was quoted as being one of the issues with the place and why it hasn't been so successful.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I'm actually one of the crazy people who likes the park. I mean, it's small, and it's not really a "Disney-Feely" park, but it is pretty fun.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'm actually one of the crazy people who likes the park. I mean, it's small, and it's not really a "Disney-Feely" park, but it is pretty fun.
It's the only reason I event went. And I made sure to tell all the disney people there that I came to see the Muppets.:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I enjoyed Disneyland TONS when i was there. I suppose it's like living in Memphis and Graceland is here. Elvis fans around the world flock here, and I'm always, "it's just a house!"

Disneyland is special to me because I'm in Memphis. If I lived next door it's likely I wouldn't be so wild about it.

Tim

Reaction score
It's "unofficialy official". The Orange County Register ran a large graphic map of the changes coming to DCA and "MuppetVision" was indicated as "Mickey's Philharmagic" even though Disney made no mention of this in their first presentation. Many other changes were suggested to the entire Park on the map, but these were never addressed either. It makes sence since a single themed attraction (like the bread-baking or tortilla making exhibits for example) come off out of place. The "Hollywood-land" thing might be redesigned as Walt's Hyperion Studios, so a classic Mickey film would make a lot more sence, and "Rizzo's Prop and Pawn Shop" has been gone for years now anyway.

A couple of other notes on posts in this thread. The "orange swing thing" is named "The Orange Stinger" since the insides are bee-themed. It's going bye-bye as well along with the Maliboomer. "California Sceamin'" is rumored to be re-themed as a "Disney Villains" indoor/outdoor coaster similar to Expidition Everest, but since it's one of the few popular attractions in the Park, this was put off for a later phase of the project along with the Grizzly River Run re-devolopment. And while The Hyperion Theater itself is enclosed, the queue area is not exposing guests waiting in an outdoor "holding pen" to the elements. The long-term plan is to enclose (and beautify) this area, add a real lobby and much-needed restrooms and elevators, which Eisner and Pressler cut from the original budget.

Work starts in January on the lagoon show, with the rest to follow within a two-year period. Completion of at least Phase 1 is said to be 2012.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It's "unofficialy official". The Orange County Register ran a large graphic map of the changes coming to DCA and "MuppetVision" was indicated as "Mickey's Philharmagic" even though Disney made no mention of this in their first presentation.

A couple of other notes on posts in this thread. The "orange swing thing" is named "The Orange Stinger" since the insides are bee-themed. It's going bye-bye as well along with the Maliboomer. "California Sceamin'" is rumored to be re-themed as a "Disney Villains" indoor/outdoor coaster similar to Expidition Everest, but since it's one of the few popular attractions in the Park, this was put off for a later phase of the project along with the Grizzly River Run re-devolopment.
Well, I think that seals the deal for MuppetVision.

As far as the coaster goes, I've seen an artist's conceptual drawing that was printed in the Studio Newsreel, the official newspaper, last week. It looks like in the present plans, they are not changing Paradise Pier very much except to retheme the games. Mickey's head will change places with the sun logo. Mickey will go on the ferris wheel, and the sun will replace him on the coaster loop.

The biggest change to the pier is the addition of "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" dark ride.

:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... so they are getting rid of it, yet they are denying it at the same time. That's interresting.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well maybe they honestly can't commit to one decision until they know. ::shrugs::