The end of Playhouse Disney Live at WDW

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
Oh Treelo, one of our favorites.

Have considered a lot of options in the Save the Bear Campaign, but I think perhaps the best way would be to create a website with an online petition. Have never quite done this before and if anyone has any suggestions, would love to hear them. After it's completion, we can post the link here.

The sooner we can get this up and running, the sooner Bear won't end up in the Disney Vault...forever.

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
Hello All

Am hoping to have help writing an article on this subject and including a link to the Save the Bear Campaign. If anyone has any information on the fate of BITBBH or the Stage Show that can be backed up, please let me know. We will check it out and try to include in our article.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I always found this show a tad mediocre when I went to see it at MGM a few years back. But it's going to be sad to see it go for more current Playhouse Disney shows. I was considering trying to get hired at Disney as a puppeteer during college but if this show will be gone, it won't be as good a time. :cry: Sigh... Does Universal have any puppet shows? :zany:

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
In response to the previous posters use of the "M" word. Let me just say that the end of the Bear is bigger than just the stage show. While I'll agree that perhaps the MGM stage production could have had more pizzazz like the traveling show had (with more dancers), but to lose the bear all together is tragic. It's such a great conduit for teaching children social skills as well as numbers, colors, words, etc. in a fun an supportive environment.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
In response to the previous posters use of the "M" word. Let me just say that the end of the Bear is bigger than just the stage show. While I'll agree that perhaps the MGM stage production could have had more pizzazz like the traveling show had (with more dancers), but to lose the bear all together is tragic. It's such a great conduit for teaching children social skills as well as numbers, colors, words, etc. in a fun an supportive environment.
Well, I'm not much of a Playhouse Disney viewer outside of Bear but it didn't seem that there was too much Bear as I had expected. The rest of the show is okay but the BITBBH parts are the only parts I care about.

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. For my family, Bear was the sole reason to go to Playhouse Disney (No disrespect to the other shows). Wish Bear had been a bigger part of the performance.

Disney executives, if you're reading this, it's Bear's 10th anniversary. Do something nice for him instead of sticking him in your dark vault forever.:cry:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Disney executives, if you're reading this, it's Bear's 10th anniversary. Do something nice for him instead of sticking him in your dark vault forever.:cry:
Oh, yes! I completely forgot about that! Didn't Disney have "big plans" for the 10th anniversary of BitBBH? Some big plan this is...

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
From what I had read at the beginning of the year, there was all these "supposed" plans for a BITBBH movie and a new traveling show. Looks like that isn't happening. Instead "Happy Happy Happy Birthday Birthday" we get a big nothing.
Guess Disney spent too much money on High School Musical 2...arg!:eek: