The end of Playhouse Disney Live at WDW

Reaction score
From allears.net:

"Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage!" A whole new cast of friends from Playhouse Disney fills the popular Playhouse Disney stage. Children will be on their feet singing, clapping and dancing to performing stars from "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," "Little Einsteins," "Handy Manny" and more. ("Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage!" will be dark most of January 2008, reopens February 2008).

Goodbye Tutter and friends! I suppose it was inevitable given the demise of the show, but it's really too bad.

SSLFan

Reaction score
:cry: Well, it was fun while it lasted. R.I.P "Original" Playhouse Disney Live.:frown:

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
You know, I just sent a message to Disney asking them about Bear in the Big Blue House and why it was left out of newer marketing materials. They assured me it wasn't going anywhere and that it would still be there to enjoy for a long time in the future. If their definition of a long time is a month, then ok, but really shouldn't they have at least admitted they were removing this?

It is so sad, my entire family dearly loves that Big Bear and the entire cast of characters. Such a smart show should be brought back for a whole new generation to enjoy.

And of course my feelings for Playhouse Disney will never be the same. I mean, come on, the Doodlebops, how can anyone stand to watch such brain rotting material.

:cry:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Has (or will) the same thing happened to the show in DCA? Hope not, that's one of my main stops whenever we go there, and I'll be there next week! :embarrassed:

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
Wow. That's great. Now we can watch the full show even if it isn't at WDW any longer. Thank so much for that.

Bear we'll miss you!:cry:

AAO

Reaction score
The show in DCA will also be closing as well. I work at the stage as a puppeteer in Orlando and have enjoyed my time with Bear, "TREELO", "PIP & POP", Ojo, and Tutter. I hate that we're loosing them! We've heard so many rumors of what will happen with the puppets and they're very dramatic options! I can't honestly say on account of contract rules and so forth. But I would love if they just re-vampted the show while continue using the Bear Characters. What other show at Disney can you go to and they sing a "Goodbye Song"... or doing the Bear Cha-Cha-Cha! I love doing that part of the show! It's so much fun! The "Jamie" performers are really good friends of mine and they're also angry about the whole "new concept" idea. We've attempted to save the show or just move the Bear characters to a new location! But sadly, they'll be in storage never seen again unless Disney wises up and bring them back! The entire cast of puppeteers at Playhouse are all very sad of the idea and are so upset about loosing the main focus of the show! With our show it begins with Bear, goes to JoJo, Stanely, Pooh, and back to Bear. But in this new show we start off with Mickey and end with The Little Einsteins! So it doesn't really fully close as the original show did! I mean, heck, before Playhouse Disney Live On Stage it was "Bear In The Big Blue House Live" and before that it was a restaurant! It's sickening what Disney does to it's shows sometimes! Hopefully I'll find out good news and keep you guys informed. Till then... "Goodbye, goodbye, good friends goodbye! Cause now it's time to go! But hey, I say, well that's okay..."

hehehe

Reaction score
Hey, AAO....

....it's sad that the Bear puppets will be removed, but (this is kinda off-topic) will the Moseketools be involved in the new show? I'd love to see the other characters summon Tootles!

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
Being a puppeteer and so close to the show this must really be upseting to you and all others involved.

If you have any ideas about what other BEAR supporters like us can do, please don't hesitate to ask. A well-placed call to corporate, a letter writing campaign, anything.

BEAR and all his friends are near and dear to my entire family. And family doesn't let family down.

AAO

Reaction score
Being a puppeteer and so close to the show this must really be upseting to you and all others involved.

If you have any ideas about what other BEAR supporters like us can do, please don't hesitate to ask. A well-placed call to corporate, a letter writing campaign, anything.

BEAR and all his friends are near and dear to my entire family. And family doesn't let family down.

Thanks very much. Of course calling corporate and a campaign would be awesome! That would help out a lot! Plus, the question about the "tootle" I think someone said, well I can't really say if any certain things will be added to the show. In fact, the script hasn't even been fully developed and puppets haven't even been built! The show closes in 5 months and we're still in the dark about a lot of things! The admiss of the puppets of Bear is very un-nerving because of their future. I'm still very upset about it. I was in show today and realized where my dear friend Treelo will end up! But thanks again for the support!