The (De)Evolution of Fozzie

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Let's hope Eric has some say-so then when the writers start taking hold of him again. I really like the direction Fozzie, Piggy, and others have been going in since new performers came along.
I agree. On one level it's sad to me that Frank Oz isn't as active with these characters anymore, but there seems to be a renewed vitality to them. Overall, it's a step in the right direction.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Right, and an opportunity for Frank to come in and direct a feature film without having to perform also. I think it could be something that works out great.

camillachick

Reaction score
So help me out here. Frank Oz doesn't perform Piggy and Fozzie anymore? How long has it been like this? Does he still voice them? What about his other characters? I'm kinda thrown because I thought it was still entirely him. If someone could de-confuse me with some exact details that would be great.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Did you watch A Very Merry Muppet Christmas?

camillachick

Reaction score
If you're talking to me, yes I watched A Very Merry Muppet Christmas last year when it came out. Don't quiz me on the details since I missed it this Christmas.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
camillachick said:
So help me out here. Frank Oz doesn't perform Piggy and Fozzie anymore? How long has it been like this? Does he still voice them? What about his other characters? I'm kinda thrown because I thought it was still entirely him. If someone could de-confuse me with some exact details that would be great.
Apparently Frank Oz had no part in A Very Muppet Christmas.I had been convinced that it was his voice we heard from Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy,until I noticed his name missing from the credits. :mad: :embarrassed:

WiGgY

Reaction score
camillachick said:
If you're talking to me, yes I watched A Very Merry Muppet Christmas last year when it came out. Don't quiz me on the details since I missed it this Christmas.
Well that was the start of Eric Jacabson performing Piggy, Fozzie, and Animal. Well, actrually I think he started in the Master Card commercials. But anyway, that was not Frank OZ. That was Eric Jacobson. Amazing, no?

camillachick

Reaction score
So who did the voices and performance for Piggy and Animal in the recent superbowl commercial?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
camillachick said:
So who did the voices and performance for Piggy and Animal in the recent superbowl commercial?
Also Eric Jacobson, I think. I've been very impressed with his work, both on these characters and with Grover on Sesame Street. Keep up the good work!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yep. He's cool. I really like his Fozzie and Animal.