The Dark Knight thread.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You guys aren't some of the people who parade the Dark Knight board on imdb.com and then go to the Batman 89 board and post useless insults about how bad of a movie it was?
Um...no. :stick_out_tongue:

I haven't posted about Batman anywhere else and gay as I am I still hate parades. :confused:

It appears that you are more of a fan of Burton movies than Batman movies and that's okay. I like a lot of Tim Burton's work. I don't think his films were bad at all. I like them for what they are. I just like Nolan's respect for and correct take on Batman's mythos much better. I have never posted "useless insults" about Burton's Batman or said either of his films were "bad" in the least. Shumaker, on the other hand...he's another story.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You guys aren't some of the people who parade the Dark Knight board on imdb.com and then go to the Batman 89 board and post useless insults about how bad of a movie it was?
What that was a great movie, Batman and Robin was an awful movie, but that goes without saying, :rolleyes:.

As for the Dark Knight, I loved it, I can kinda see what people are saying the 89 movie is bad if you compare it to the Dark Knight, which you really shouldn't, because they are two different movies made in two different times.

But the Dark Knight was so intense, man I was on the edge of my seat though-out the whole movie and that's something that hard to make me do, trust me. :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score

I haven't posted about Batman anywhere else and gay as I am I still hate parades. :confused:

It appears that you are more of a fan of Burton movies than Batman movies and that's okay. I like a lot of Tim Burton's work. I don't think his films were bad at all. I like them for what they are. I just like Nolan's respect for and correct take on Batman's mythos much better. I have never posted "useless insults" about Burton's Batman or said either of his films were "bad" as you seem to believe. Shumaker, on the other hand...he's another story.
Well said Jamie, my friend.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score

It appears that you are more of a fan of Burton movies than Batman movies and that's okay. I like a lot of Tim Burton's work. I don't think his films were bad at all. I like them for what they are. I just like Nolan's respect for and correct take on Batman's mythos much better. I have never posted "useless insults" about Burton's Batman or said either of his films were "bad" as you seem to believe. Shumaker, on the other hand...he's another story.
I mean everybody seems to be making it the best movie they've ever seen, atleast in my opinion.

And for the record, Batman And Robin was a horrible picture. the music for Batman Forever wasn't too bad. (I've got the score to that movie)

Anyway I'm done with this thread. I'll be posting more on the 80's, 70's, 90's type threads. Toodles!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I mean everybody seems to be making it the best movie they've ever seen, atleast in my opinion.

And for the record, Batman And Robin was a horrible picture. the music for Batman Forever wasn't too bad. (I've got the score to that movie)

Anyway I'm done with this thread. I'll be posting more on the 80's, 70's, 90's type threads. Toodles!
I actually did like Batman Forever in a lot of ways, it's wasn't the super dark Batman movie that the Burton movies were or the needless to say even darker Batman movies out now.

But I have to disagree with Batman and Robin it was horrible, so many awful puns, :rolleyes::boo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am "making it out to be" the best movie of the year and the best Batman movie so far IHMO, but not the "best movie I have ever seen." That's a bit extreme, but it happens on forums.

As an added note, I forgot. I have started posting at Rotten Tomatoes recently, but only in response to critical reviews of different films. There are some people out there that have little knowlege of many different iconic and comic book characters.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I am "making it out to be" the best movie of the year and the best Batman movie so far IHMO, but not the "best movie I have ever seen." That's a bit extreme, but it happens on forums.

As an added note, I forgot. I have started posting at Rotten Tomatoes recently, but only in response to critical reviews of different films. There are some people out there that have little knowlege of many different iconic and comic book characters.
Yeah I totally agree with you Jamie speaking as a huge Comic book geek like I am, I hate it when people talk about things they really don't know about.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Haha! I love reading the responses to this thread. It's interesting seeing how many fans there are of Batman (or, in ryhoyarbie's case, Tim Burton) in general.

Someone mentioned something interesting about possibly bringing in Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy as villainesses in the third (or maybe fourth) film. One of these is possible in a way, just from reading one plausible scenario.

Harley Quinn has always been a huge admirer of The Joker's antics, because of how intelligent they are and how much they overpower Batman (something hardly many criminals do). So bringing her in as a villain for a third film might be a good idea and also a perfect chance to find an actress who can sort of replicate Heath Ledger's performance.

I also think Catwoman can play a factor in Batman's life, seeing as he is now a criminal in the eyes of Gotham's finest and who else to intrigue him into the world of injustice than Catwoman. And Selina Kyle can help bring Bruce Wayne out of his dilemma from losing Rachel "I'm-Too-Perky-To-Be-Goth" Dawes. That'll make their connection more personal as both Bruce Wayne/Selina Kyle and Batman/Catwoman.

It'll also make a "Batman First"--it'll be the first time the villains are just female instead of male. That has never been seen before in any comic book film--not counting those where the hero is also female.:smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I actually did like Batman Forever in a lot of ways, it's wasn't the super dark Batman movie that the Burton movies were or the needless to say even darker Batman movies out now.

But I have to disagree with Batman and Robin it was horrible, so many awful puns, :rolleyes::boo:
I agree with you. I actually liked Forever too. It was the best on in a while. I also agree that the Joel Schumacher one was just plain terrible. I'm always quoting Mr Freezes horrible puns. LOL! It's funny because Chris O'Donnell turned down the roll of Agent J that year because he thought it was corny or something like that, Ouch! :stick_out_tongue: And I thought the soundtrack was really awesome as well!

But The Dark Night Just pulled in another 24 million on Monday alone!