The Dark Knight thread.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Too bad some think that Heath and Christian were into their respective roles too much.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
That's the business. You learn your character inside and out, otherwise it's not convincing. For some reason, a lot of actors get away with just playing themselves in every movie. Will Smith did that for a long time, but now he's a real actor. You believe he's the character he plays. When you watch The Dark Knight, you can hardly believe it's Heath Ledger. He's just that good.

A Henson-related incident would be how Jim Henson transformed himself while filming The Dark Crystal. He knew to make the movie the way he wanted, he needed to be in the right frame of mind. Jocelyn Stevenson said he was always very dark and serious while filming it.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's the business. You learn your character inside and out, otherwise it's not convincing. For some reason, a lot of actors get away with just playing themselves in every movie. Will Smith did that for a long time, but now he's a real actor. You believe he's the character he plays. When you watch The Dark Knight, you can hardly believe it's Heath Ledger. He's just that good.

A Henson-related incident would be how Jim Henson transformed himself while filming The Dark Crystal. He knew to make the movie the way he wanted, he needed to be in the right frame of mind. Jocelyn Stevenson said he was always very dark and serious while filming it.
Indeed. It was one of the most tough projects Jim ever did.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You believe he's the character he plays.
Yeah! I think it's alway best when an actor is so into a character that you believe they are that character. Jim carry is known for getting so lost in the character he plays that it seems as if he doesn't even know that difference. Lol!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah! I think it's alway best when an actor is so into a character that you believe they are that character. Jim carry is known for getting so lost in the character he plays that it seems as if he doesn't even know that difference. Lol!
The thing is...being lost in a character like The Joker cost Heath is life.

Frogster

Reaction score
I'm surprised I haven't posted here yet. I've seen the movie three times now, and for some reason, Heath Ledger's Joker is one of those things that is adictive to watch; you just can't pull urself away from his unbelievable performance as someone who loves to orchestrate pure insanity. I mean, that kinda put Michael Emerson's character Benjamin Linus from LOST on the bench. It was just so creepy in the most entertaining way. The only problem with this movie is that when they make the third one, it's going to be hard to surpass this one, because they set the bar so high. I did hear that Riddler is the next villain, and that Johnny Depp is being considered. Chris Nolan said that he cannot do a Penguin character in the world he's created, which is a shame; it'd be fun to see Oswald Copplebot taken seriously, comprared to Danny DeVito's version of him lol.

I thought Scrooge and Shawshank both did awesome jobs in this flick; Caine's Albert is exactly the same as when Patrick Stewart played Professor X on X-Men; you just knew this guy was perfect for the role. And Freeman's Fox is an awesome character to watch on screen. He's the suave bad-A behind the Bat. I also thought Maggie Gyllenhaal was a perfect replacement for Katie Holmes; I'm sure Holmes is eating her words for not doing the movie... either that, or Cruise just wouldn't let her out of her cage lol. And as for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne... truly amazing and epic. I honestly can't think of anything more to say than that.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Caine's Albert is exactly the same as when Patrick Stewart played Professor X on X-Men
It's "Alfred Pennyworth", actually. XD

Frogster

Reaction score
lol I'm such an idiot... i knew that haha thanx tho!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It not the 19th biggest movie on earth with just over 800 million dollars made!