The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I'm far more annoyed that Valentines don't come with posters anymore. I was buying them just for the posters, and now they no longer do that.
I saw a few recently that did, but couldn't recall for you now which ones. I was hunting for Muppety ones and found nothing. At least I have a boxful still from last year's purchases.

Not celebrating it this year really except among friends.

Mardi Gras is more fun anyway. :smile:

--------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw a few recently that did, but couldn't recall for you now which ones. I was hunting for Muppety ones and found nothing. At least I have a boxful still from last year's purchases.
Actually, I forgot that I saw one with Captain America at the dollar store. I found Muppets ones too, but they had no posters and disappeared the second time I went back. I just wish the Transformers Prime ones did, but they come with Autobot logo shaped erasers. I'm definitely picking those up after Valentines day.

ncchuck

Reaction score
I found some muppet cards at the $store no poster in it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only Muppet Valentines came in a standard cheap pack that only has Valentines in it. I bet they have those lousy heart shaped generic stickers.

Only ones I saw with a poster were Green Lantern the movie, Captain America, and Angry Birds. They really all should come with posters.

Also, I'm very disappointed there's no Wreck it Ralph Valentines.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think that I've said it before, but it bares repeating. Screw Valentine's Day. It's about as pointless as Sweetest Day. So, in the immortal words of Elizabeth Lemon, Happy Anna Howard Shaw Day!

Daniel

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be honest, I really don't care about Valentines Day anymore. Or dating, for that matter. I have my whole life ahead of me, and that's just something I don't need to worry about.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be honest, I really don't care about Valentines Day anymore. Or dating, for that matter. I have my whole life ahead of me, and that's just something I don't need to worry about.
Like the rapper said, I got 99 problems... Valentines Day ain't one.

The more I think about it, I'm getting sick of the opinion that "Valentines Day was created by the card and candy companies." You can say that about any holiday, frankly. And if they didn't, then we'd only have solemn religious contemplation days and days like Martin Luther King Day and Presidents Day that's basically a day when the banks, post offices, and schools are closed. Who wants that?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think that I've said it before, but it bares repeating. Screw Valentine's Day. It's about as pointless as Sweetest Day
Not only is Sweetest Day not even a legal holiday (and I made-up one at that), but apparently it's a regional one at that.

Davina

Reaction score
i will freely admit.. back in my singles days, doing office work.. i would occasionally send myself flowers or something on V-day.. just cuz i got sick and tired of being the only one not to get anything at the office (mostly cuz of the annoying looks of pity from co-workers...)
now married.. we don't care.. we don't celebrate.. we do make full use of the post holiday candy sales (after any holiday, really) to stock pile cheap chocolate, cuz, seriously, it's all about the chocolate...
and, for the record.. i did meet my hubby via a dating web site.. and were married exactly 6 months later.. 10 years ago last month.. so, they might be annoying, but they do sometimes work..
he doesn't by me flowers though, i still have to buy my own if i want them.
V-day is absolutely more fun as a kid though (see comment about it being all about the chocolate..) maybe second only to halloween as an excuse for crazy arts and crafts projects and adult permission to gorge on candy...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i will freely admit.. back in my singles days, doing office work.. i would occasionally send myself flowers or something on V-day.. just cuz i got sick and tired of being the only one not to get anything at the office (mostly cuz of the annoying looks of pity from co-workers...)
Yeah, once we got into middle school, it was always annoying to see how the more popular kids would get showered with boxes of chocolates and stuffed animals from all the girls. :rolleyes: