The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
See, that could all fit in one set. I'd buy it.
Same here... when it comes to short-lived shows, I don't mind "complete series" sets of those, because it makes more sense than to release a long-running show on complete series sets at jacked up prices.

On another note... I keep reminiscing about one particular Peanuts special from my childhood that I don't quite remember too well, but I'm sure others who are older than me might - it had to do with a little friend of Linus's who had cancer I believe, and a really dramatic scene where I bully made fun of her because of her baldness, and Linus went off on him.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They have a couple of episodes on the official Peanuts channel on DailyMotion.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Such cross-promotions happen all the time. Look at Farscape. Boom! has ads for the dvd box sets in its comics and the box sets have inserts advertising the comics.

I love the Complete Peanuts collections both because it's nice to get a total exhaustive collection and i also love the early stuff. For anyone who has a hard time either finding or affording them check your libraries. If they're anything like the ones around me, there's a bunch of them. I'd also be willing to sell any of mine - if anyone's looking for some, contact me privately.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
AND make good blueberry muffins! If I lived in SR I'd have to get a job or at least volunteer at the museum so I could be there everyday. I loved that place.
(Why thank you! :smile: )I wish I had time to volunteer there! I don't get to go nearly often enough, and unfortunately it can be difficult to find people to go with because I don't know many comic enthusiasts who live around here. But I'm looking forward to ice-skating in February, Valentines is always my favorite time of year to visit Snoopy's Ice Arena.

EDIT: Snowthy, wasn't that special "Snoopy Come Home"?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
EDIT: Snowthy, wasn't that special "Snoopy Come Home"?
I don't think so, if I remember that was one of the movies instead of a TV special.

Again, I just remember it being about a friend of Linus having cancer, and how emotional a special it was... if I recall correctly I think the climax of the special was the real tearjerker because her hat flies off while she's on the swings and everyone sees her hair grew back and happy she is that she's been cured.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Again, I just remember it being about a friend of Linus having cancer, and how emotional a special it was... if I recall correctly I think the climax of the special was the real tearjerker because her hat flies off while she's on the swings and everyone sees her hair grew back and happy she is that she's been cured.
That special is titled "Why, Charlie Brown, Why?"

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Uh... problem is they WERE out... and a little while before Warners got the Peanuts special license. So, you may just have some trouble, as they were released by Paramount. You might just wind up seeing them on amazon for triple their original price. I was going to check that out myself... I never got a chance to get either of them as well.
Amazon carries both films new, and each for around 14 dollars.

LINKIES!:

http://www.amazon.com/Snoopy-Come-Home-Chad-Webber/dp/B000E1NXCW/ref=pd_bxgy_d_text_b

http://www.amazon.com/Peanuts-Boy-Named-Charlie-Brown/dp/B000E1NX9A/ref=pd_bxgy_d_text_b

Oh, yes, and I remember loving the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show! I'd buy a dvd of that were it to come out.

:confused: :sympathy: <---Charlie Brown and Snoopy smileys

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That special is titled "Why, Charlie Brown, Why?"
I managed to find it on ThemTube... and that made me cry watching it again, because it was even more emotional than I had originally remembered it being.

Drtooth

Reaction score
EDIT: Although never completely accurate, I checked with Wikipedia, and according to it, TCBASS lasted for about a season and a half (Season One consisted of 13 half-hour episodes, while Season Two consisted of five).
Considering I just got Mighty Mouse: The NEw Adventures it's possible to put 1 and a half or even 2 seasons in a complete series set without breaking the bank. MMTNA was 19 episodes... Captain N was 26... bot had ONE complete series set. Even the first 2 Smurf sets Warners released (before they thought that 5 year olds who have never heard of the show would love overpriced 5 for 15 single disks) had 20 episodes on them

One complete series set could be released. That way they won't screw the fans by giving them one season, or part of one season and nothing else. My 2 pet peeves are best ofs instead of seasons and half series that never get finished.