The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I didn't realize Snoopy Come Home was out on DVD. As soon as I have some extra money, I'm going to have to pick that up (and A Boy Named Charlie Brown, too). I remember seeing these on the old Disney Channel when I was younger. Great movies!

I would love to have the complete collection of comics, but I'm afraid I'll just have to stick to my 50th anniversary collection book... which is awesome.

Oh, and I was wondering about something. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find the complete "Mr. Sack" storyline, also the comic strips with Peggy Jean. Charlie Brown met her at camp, then he sold all his comics to buy her gloves. I've always loved both of these storylines, but the whole thing isn't in the 50th anniversary book.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do find it odd that Warner Home Video and Fantagraph don't seem to be doing any kidn of cross-promotion for the DVDs and the "Complete Peanuts" books.
Agreed. I don't see why they wouldn't. At least... some sort of leaflet or paper inside that advertises the collection.

Unless they actually have one of those inside... I just never got around to buying one yet.

I didn't realize Snoopy Come Home was out on DVD. As soon as I have some extra money, I'm going to have to pick that up (and A Boy Named Charlie Brown, too). I remember seeing these on the old Disney Channel when I was younger. Great movies!
Uh... problem is they WERE out... and a little while before Warners got the Peanuts special license. So, you may just have some trouble, as they were released by Paramount. You might just wind up seeing them on amazon for triple their original price. I was going to check that out myself... I never got a chance to get either of them as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Uh... problem is they WERE out... and a little while before Warners got the Peanuts special license. So, you may just have some trouble, as they were released by Paramount. You might just wind up seeing them on amazon for triple their original price. I was going to check that out myself... I never got a chance to get either of them as well.
I think the license only includes the specials, and maybe The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show. I think Paramount still holds the rights to the movies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Haha, I've been there! :wink:

For those of you who don't know, I live in Santa Rosa - we practically worship Charles Schulz LOL...
AND make good blueberry muffins! If I lived in SR I'd have to get a job or at least volunteer at the museum so I could be there everyday. I loved that place.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, and I was wondering about something. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find the complete "Mr. Sack" storyline, also the comic strips with Peggy Jean. Charlie Brown met her at camp, then he sold all his comics to buy her gloves. I've always loved both of these storylines, but the whole thing isn't in the 50th anniversary book.
Go to the bookstore and thumb through the fantagraphics books would be the best bet.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recall seeing it in a book at my high school library. I forget what it was called, but I think it was themed around baseball-related strips. But it's probably out of print by now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the license only includes the specials, and maybe The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show. I think Paramount still holds the rights to the movies.
Well, if they're still printing them or they're still relatively common to find, then there shouldn't be a problem.

There's NOTHING worse than a confusing licensing blort with co-ownership.

Of course, Warners finally did get the Jetsons movie out despite the fact Universal was the production company.

Personally, I just wanna see the Charlie Brown and Snoopy show hit some sort of DVD release. I still have the old clamshell VHS (and last time I checked, surprisingly good condition).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
More than one obviously, as I've seen videos on YouTube of the opening credits, and they've been listed as "Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show: Season One Opening", "Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show: Season Two Opening", etc.

It seems like when it comes to old cartoons, they always use ONE specific credit sequence (opening and closing) for syndicated reruns, and I remember when I was a kid watching, the opening credits used was always instrumental, so when I saw the Season One opening credits on YT for the first time, it was a surprising experience for me because I was not aware there were lyrics, lol.

EDIT: Although never completely accurate, I checked with Wikipedia, and according to it, TCBASS lasted for about a season and a half (Season One consisted of 13 half-hour episodes, while Season Two consisted of five).