The breakfast cereal thread

Muppet Master

Reaction score
One of the worst cereals I've tried was the Sour Patch one. It was only 99 cents and I was curious enough to give it a shot but it was terrible. Though I'd still prefer it over something with raisins.

My favorite cereal is the Honey Bunches of Oats with granola and almond, it's always filling and tastes great. Some other good ones are Cinnamon Toast Crunch (particularly the churros version) and Cookie Crisp. As a kid, my parents only really got me plain Corn Flakes and occasionally Cheerios or Kix which I'm sorta glad for now since those were the healthier options.

Convincing John

Reaction score
You know, drtooth hasn't been around for a while. He must be in his late 30's by now. I wonder if he can still eat the sweet cereals he had when he was younger.
As you get older, you have to start eating better. I'm living proof. I still enjoy the occasional bowl of Lucky Charms but I can't live on it. My mainstay now is plain unadulterated Rice Krispies.
Sounds boring, but that's how it is. I wonder if he crossed that bridge yet.
Not to scare anybody, but all your bodies will get there someday.
I can't eat Lucky Charms anymore without imagining my teeth dissolving from the sugar! I stick to Special K and Cheerios, mostly, but every Christmas, I gotta have some Fruity Pebbles. I consider Fruity Pebbles just as much of a traditional Christmas food as figgy pudding, goose, those red and green M&Ms, etc. Yeah, I saw all those Kraft Christmas goodies during "The Christmas Toy" commercial breaks. But...nothing beats digging into a bowl of Fruity Pebbles just once a year while your Christmas tree glimmers in the background. Yeah...they aren't quite the same as they were years ago...but still...I gotta have 'em for old time's sake.