The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I laughted out loud when i was reading these. I need to think and sleep before i ask my question.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have a question: Mr. Lewis, having worked so closely with all the intricately crafted Muppets - which character would be the most likely to end up missing and at your home and why (not that it would happen, of course)? :confused:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have a question as well. You seem to have really been thinking a lot about Scooter due to the answer on him, Are you and others working towards bringing some of the older Muppet such as Scooter, Dr. Theeth Rowlf and others that have not been in the spotlight in some time back. With that are you going to have to change there make-up or personality to fit with todays aduiance?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hello Jim! TogetherAgain here with another teensy little question (or two or three) for you. I was just wondering if you might happen to know how my little buddy Robin is doing. He's a good friend of mine, y'know. But I haven't really heard from him in a while. Is he in the swamp now? Still in Frog Scouts? Still five?

And while I'm asking about Robin--I'm not sure if this has already been asked or not--What is your personal take on why Kermit seems to have at least partial custody of Robin? Or is there no particular reason, and that's just sort of how it is?

...And while I'm at it... I've seen this adorable little picture of Rowlf and Robin sitting at a piano looking at sheet music, and I was wondering if there's ever been any sort of initiative to explore that particular frog-dog relationship? ...And I think I'll stop my Robin-related questions there, at least for now, before I get too extraordinarily carried away. He's my favorite, see... Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer the crazy fans, Jim! It's very much appreciated.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
these are some real good questions. I will give yall a few more days for thoues who don't have a question.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I didn't see this until now, yes more Scooter would definitely be appreciated. :wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hola Jim! theprawncracker again! First of all... Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU. NOt just for answering these questions we have, but for bringing the Muppets back. For starting the Fuzzy Renaissance, and for being YOU. You, sir, ROCK, and you don't get told that enough.

As for my question... Pertaining to Pepe's new book, "It's Hard Out Here for a Shrimp," one, I can't believe he's getting to write one--especially before Piggy! How great for him (unless Miss Piggy gets to him...). He must have a GREAT publicist! How'd he pull it off? Second, is Pepe referring to himself as a shrimp in the book title? Or was that an executive decision by Kermit or the editors? It seems to me Pepe would not be very happy being called a shrimp, but I don't know him as well as you do!

And one more tiny little thing that's been bothering me... In the first "Studio DC: Almost Live," who performed Floyd and Janice? Do you know? Can you share? I heard a rumor that Jerry Nelson came back to dub Floyd's line. And also, if you can share, who performs Scooter in the next special? Thanks Jim!

JimJudy

Reaction score
Hi Jim, this is JimJudy (Hopefully to soon get a new name unless you like it). I'm a new question asker dude. I would like to know two things.
(1.) If you ever wrote a famous Muppet Quote type of thing like Kermit's "Hi-Ho!" and such.
(2.) If you ever wrote something for the Swedish Chef.

Thanks, Jim.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi Jim, this is JimJudy (Hopefully to soon get a new name unless you like it). I'm a new question asker dude. I would like to know two things.
(1.) If you ever wrote a famous Muppet Quote type of thing like Kermit's "Hi-Ho!" and such.
(2.) If you ever wrote something for the Swedish Chef.

Thanks, Jim.

Wow Hello there JimJudy, and wellcome to the forums and also to the ask Jim Lewis thread. If you want more Jim, and can't find it. Well we did an interview with Jim almost a year ago. here is the link enjoy and again Welcome!

http://articles.muppetnewsflash.com/2007/02/jim-lewis.html