The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
JIM! Jim Jim Jim! HI! Question. I mean, I HAVE a question! ...Which... is why I'm in this thread... Anyway! My question IS, who is your favorite one-shot and/or one-note character that you have written and/or created? ...And is that really one question, or is it four for the price of one? OOH! What a bargain!

ALSO! And! In addition! I was wondering if Animal's bunny, seen on the Muppet website, has a name... or is its name "Bunny"? And speaking of the bunny... I seem to recall that a factor in Gonzo and Camilla's relationship, at some point, was that Gonzo couldn't actually tell the chickens apart, and just called them ALL Camilla, and went out with whichever one was around... Is it something similar with Animal and his bunny? Or, if he were to encounter a different bunny, would he ask, "Where OTHER bunny?"

...Okay, so I guess I had more than ONE question... depending how you count them, it could be as many as eight... but questions have a way of growing, you know? (...Make that nine. :stick_out_tongue:) Hope all is well with you, Jim!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! On a "Bunny" note. Who on earth is Billy Bunny, and why oh why did he get given a Sing-along movie?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey, Jim, what's happenin'?

Sorry... listening to "Can You Picture That?" and my mindset is... oh, never mind. Question! Who is your favorite Electric Mayhem member to write for? Is it the loud and out-spoken Animal? The quiet and often asleep Zoot? The raspy wise-cracking Floyd? The gravelly, wise Dr. Teeth? The rully fine Janice? Or... Lips? :stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Jim! Wait! Hold it! Pause the mail-bag! I have more questions! (And am very sorry for posting twice, neigh, thrice in a row...but they just HAVE to be asked. Plus, Prawnie was bugging me with deep thoughts about the Muppets on MSN and that started me thinking more deeply about them and then something led to something else and now I just wanna KNOW!...I mean...right...What was I saying? Oh! Question. Right.)

1. Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium -- Many Muppet fans were totally overjoyed when this movie came out (and not because it meant that Natlie Portman would be concetrateing on a kids' movies rather than deep, intellectual jargon like V for Vendetta and Star Wars) but because it was the first time in YEARS that Kermit the Frog was appearing on cinema screens. There he was, shopping away, carrying a basket filled with frog-shaped baby-toys, saying, "Shopping...just shopping" to a Sesame-Streetesque (word?) gaggle of kids who were watching him. Do you know how this happened? Did they want Kermit in the movie and contact Disney, or visa versa? How much creative control did Disney then have over what he said or did in the movie? Am I over thinking a one line, ten second clip?

2. Annie Sue. Whatever happened to that squeaky, fuzzy-haired kid? I'm hoping she didn't go the way of Macaulay Culkin...Fame at her young age, did it go to her (aforementioned) fuzzy-haired head?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Jim...once again I find myself asking you multiple questions in a row, but I was just discussing shampoo with Prawnie when I remembered a vitally important article I read many years ago now...and which has stuck with me as being one of the best written Muppet articles of all time (maybe just because I was in love with Piggy's chocolate hair-do at the time?) -- Anyway, the article was called (I think) "Going Back To Her Roots: An Interview With Miss Piggy" and it was all about her hairstyle change, during the promos for Muppet's Wizard of Oz. Did you write it? Do you know anything about it? Do you write responses for written down, "article" type interview questions with the Muppets? What is the process? Etc...- Beau

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Dear Abby,

...Wait, scratch that. This isn't my Sesame Street fan letter.

*ahem* Anyway! Jim, were you the genius behind the "Elevator Bingo" video on Muppets.com (my favorite)? Can we ever expect to see "Are Jou Smarter Than a Fifth FLOOR!"? What about "I'm Stuck in the Elevator, Get Me Out of Here!"? Or "Who Wants to Be an Escalator?"

These game show jokes doin' anything for you?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Riddle me this, Jim!

From my understanding, Billy Bunny's Animal Songs, while being locked away for three years after filming, was the first production filmed in the post-Jim era. Do your recollection, can you give us any background information to how this came to be (was Jim involved in pre-production work? Why was this held in storage for three years? etc.)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Jim! I've another question for you. And I would promise that it really is only one this time, but... I try to avoid making promises that I don't know whether or not I can keep.

Anyway, I was saying "Wow" recently, and I promptly thought of Kermit's observation in "Before You Leap" that "Mom" is "wow" upside down. So I was wondering, when did YOU first notice that? Was it when Kermit mentioned it during the writing of the book? Or had you realized it at some point beforehand? Personally, I came across it once because my mom stitched "Mom" in a quilt she made for me, and I happened to look at it upside-down, and I said, "Wow!" ...Which really brings this question full-circle, doesn't it? (Good thing I didn't promise that it would only be one question!)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ryan I know you have sent the last few batchs of questions, but I dont have full Internet access right now. (Anyone want to pay my phone bill) Anyways if you would be so kind as to send these great questions in I would really appereate it.

Tell Jim I'll drop him a line soon please, Oh and the other thing Jim sent me was great if you know what I mean! :halo:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ryan I know you have sent the last few batchs of questions, but I dont have full Internet access right now. (Anyone want to pay my phone bill) Anyways if you would be so kind as to send these great questions in I would really appereate it.
Sending as we speak!

Tell Jim I'll drop him a line soon please, Oh and the other thing Jim sent me was great if you know what I mean! :halo:
I do know what you mean. And, between you and me, Jim thought so too. :wink: