the Bill Plympton thread

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
WOO HOO! HE'S COMING TO THE BAY AREA NEXT WEEK (March 6-8, to be exact) AND I'LL GET TO SEE HIM!! IT'LL BE SO COOL! I'm sorry, but my tape recording will go on hiatus during that time period.

How many of you are familiar with his work? He is one heck of an artist ...

I bet he'll be surprised when I show him my copy of his caricature book from 1975.

beaker

Reaction score
Sweet. Ive been a hige Plympton fan since the late 80's(I saw this festival of animation thing that had early Simpsons, early Pixar, and lots of Plymptoons) Its funny, his epic yet minimalist The Tune(1992) is one of my all time fave movies...and I Married A Strange Person(1998) is another good one. Though I havent see Alien Martians or the new Hair High yet. Just love his offbeat 3am style.

So wheres he gonna be?

(Northern California representin'!)

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I finally know ALL the information of Plympton's Bay Area appearances! :crazy: Dig this ...

On Thursday, March 6, he will appear at the Towne Theatre in San Jose. At 6:30 PM he wil present a lecture/demonstration, and a few of his short films. His latest feature, Mutant Aliens, will also be shown there at 8 PM. Tickets for that event are $10 (includes both parts of the event).

On Friday, March 7, he will present ASIFA-SF an evening of new shorts, rarely seen old work, clips from Hair High (his next animated feature), work for the Internet, and more. He will be bringing books, tapes, CDs and other things to sell and autograph. This will be at the Exploratorium at 7:30 PM. Members and their guests (one per person) will get their choice of seating. Empty seats will be given to the general public about 7:25. And, at midnight later on that night, the Balboa Theater will give a screening of films by Bill and by cult favorite Don Hertzfeldt. This lineup is called The Don and Bill Show, and I highly recommend it for fans of the Sick and Twisted.

To wrap it up, on Saturday, March 8, the Balboa will be having another midnight show: this time, Mutant Aliens will be shown.

IN SHORT (get it?):

DATE: March 6
TIME: 6:30
DESCRIPTION: lecture/demonstration/Mutant Aliens screening

DATE: March 7
TIME: 7:30 PM
DESCRIPTION: screening/discussion/signing

DATE: March 7
TIME: midnight
DESCRIPTION: screening of The Don and Bill Show

DATE: March 8
TIME: midnight
DESCRIPTION: screening of Mutant Aliens

Once again, life is good. :big_grin: Beaker, is there a chance I'll see you at one of these events?

PS. Mutant Aliens will make its DVD debut this spring. It just gets better.