The best Muppet moment ever!

Zoot

Reaction score
I adapted the Chili-Down song for my ferrets. Most of the lyrics go with how they act.

Tera

Reaction score
As for single mometns, I can't pick one. There are so many that still make me laugh 'till I doubt my own continence.
However, my 2 favorite scenes are in TMM from when Kermit and Piggy meet for their romantic dinner 'till The Divine Ms P beats the snot out of the guys who hurt "the little F-O-R-G". (Yeah, technically its more than one scene, but I hoped none of you would notice.)
My other is the jousting scene from Camelot on TMS. The one where they couldn't pay for the rights to the songs from the musical Camelot, so they just used bits of other songs. An odd choice, I know, but it always cracks me up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Speaking of Pigs In Space...

Originally posted by Link Hogthrob
I always loved the episode in which Miss Piggy was so heavy that the Swinetrek was leaning to one side....
That (and a clip of the animated version on Muppet Babies) is the only one I have on tape. Loved it though.

Other than the ones mentioned, call me crazy, was the "Seinfeld Babies" segment from the Muppets Tonight Sandra Bullock episode. I'm a huge Seinfeld fan, and rarely miss an episode in syndication (unless the Muppets are on Hollywood Squares!)

And of course
Janice: I made Christmas Cookies!

Cookie Monster: COWABUNGA!!!!! (grabs many quickly and devowers)

Janice: Who was that Strange Dude?

Animal: Dat my kinda fella!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. But I haven't seen Muppet Family Christmas in years.

Zee little F-O-R-G? I loved that part. Mel Brooks is one of my favorite movie people (actor director, etc.) And I especially like his Hitler/gestapo parodies (what he does in that movie). His philosophy isto insult a villain, like Hitler (to laugh at himand all that) instead of making him look like Darth Vader or something. After all, Hitler was evil, but he was just a small little guy. He deserves the mockery and humiliation, and not the fear. I watched an episode of Hysteria, and saw him portayed as Dr. Claw. He's not scary, just a little wimpy jacka** of a man. That's why Hitler/ gestapo pop up in much of Mel Brooks's work (Producers especially).

And I liked the Jewish humor he snuck in, too! calling the head gear a yarmulka! Mel Brooks is so underappreciated!

CookieMonster

Reaction score
Best Muppet Moment

Im Going to have to say the best muppet moment of all time was the opening music number from MFS. :big_grin:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Oh darn, I missed this one?

Well, just call me "She Who Ressurects Old Threads." Anyhoo, my top picks are:

-From the Brook Shields episode of TMS, right before the Jabberwocky scene.
Scooter: Make this a good intro, Chief. This scene needs all the help it can get!
Kermit: Well, at least you're in the scene so you know what it is.
Scooter: (pulling a "Wha-a-t?" face) Have you seen the scene? Even when you know what it is, you don't know what it is!

-From MCC
Any scene with Gonzo and Rizzo interacting as Charles Dickens and...Rizzo.
Robin as Tiny Tim, and then later Kermit/Cratchit's "meetings and partings" speech.

-From MTI
Gonzo: This feels really weird.
Rizzo: You mean that Mr. Arrow's dead?
Gonzo: Yeah. That, and my pants are filled with starfish.
Rizzo: You and your hobbies!
Tim Curry as Long John Silver. If anyone can play a good villan, period, he can.

-From MFS
Seeing Scooter again!
Pepe in a tutu, okay?

-Kim

MuppetVison

Reaction score
Muppet Moment

I love the whole Liza Minnelli episode.

Also the Pigs in Space were they kept pulling the levers and muppets would appear and dissapear.

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Once again, I've got to go with seeing Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, R2-D2, and C-3PO on The Muppet Show. My favorite movie, crossing over with my favorite TV show--WOW!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Got a couple others!

From the Tony Randall episode. Tony, Scooter and Piggy-turned-to-stone are in Tony's dressing room, and Tony is trying out various spells trying to change Piggy back. Each spell he recites alternately changes Scooter into something weird then changes him back to normal again; one time his head turns into Gonzo's with a tuft of orange hair on top! Finally Tony closes the book and says something to the effect of "Nothing happened." Scooter looks up at him in disbelief, then promptly faints. Tony looks at the camera and asks, "Was it something I said?"

From the Julie Andrews episode:
Kermit asks Scooter to find out who the cow backstage belongs to. So...
Scooter: (going up to the cow) Who do you belong to?
Kermit: Scooter!

Muppet Newsflash: The newsman getting pelted with 10,000 Ping-Pong balls...and one bowling ball.

-Kim