The best Muppet moment ever!

Smiley

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what the best "Muppet Moment" is. I really like the finale to MTM. What's your vote?:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like the end scene of TMM best as a group scene, but there really is no better image to me than Kermit strumming his banjo out in the swamp.

Salmoto

Reaction score
I know alot of people say this, but I think it's the closing number to the Harry Belafonte episode of The Muppet Show. ("We come from the fire, we go to the fire.") I think it was one of the skits that Jim Henson himself loved. Even Statler and Waldorf got into it. That's really saying something.

radionate

Reaction score
Well, just to re-establish what a huge dork I am, I have to say "Saying Goodbye" from the MTM.

For me, that song means more to me then almost any other Muppet song out there. I guess its sticking out in my head more these days, as my college friends are all graduating and moving to the big city! sniff. The lyrics just kind of resonate, and hit home right now (for those of you wondering, yeah, I've been crying all day - I think bawling or sobbing might be a more appropriate term - as my best friend left town today). Blah! :frown:

So that's my vote!

dlphntat

Reaction score
I always liked the episode of Muppet Show when the Electric Mayhem did "get by with a Little Help from My Friends" with Janice as the 'virgin sacrifice', and as they walked off the stage Kermit said "All right pagans, nicely worshipped!"
I still giggle everytime I think of it.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
There are a lot of great moments. One that sticks out to me is when the Muppets sing "Just One Person" in the finale of "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson."

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ooooooh!! That's a good one! How could I forget that one. I always liked Gonzo's poignant moments on the show as well.

radionate

Reaction score
I had forgotten about those too.

What about Gonzo singing "My Way" on the The Muppet Show when it was supposedly his last episode?

Grandmaster C

Reaction score
I've always loved the one shot from The Muppet Christmas Carol where Kermit (as Bob Crachet of course) standS in the street and looks up at the sky with the shooting star flying by.

I though that was a cool little shot, in fact, I wish I had a vidcap of it.

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
Muppet Movie

I sort of liked the whole "Kermit in the desert" scene in which he reflects on his trip so far with the ending of him looking up at the shooting star....

Kind of like Grandmaster's idea, but I like this scene better because Kermit is ACTUALLY Kermit....a concept that a few Muppet movies didn't quite grasp :smile:

Jim