The “What did you do today?” thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Got Wendy's for dinner and am just waiting to give out candy to the trick or treaters.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I started working on a script for what might one day be a big video project of mine. The other night I had the idea to do a video series revolving around puppet characters with adult humor. It would be called "Beyond the Trees".

I'm sure an image of The Happytime Murders or Meet the Feebles or Avenue Q just popped up in your head when I said adult puppet show but this project will be much different.

It would revolve around the adventures of a pink rabbit named Sarah Cottontail who lives in a beautiful woodland area. It would basically be dark comedy with a lot of jokes revolving around darker subject matter but it will have a big difference compared to other similar shows. Most dark comedy shows nowadays like Rick and Morty or Bojack Horseman have a very bleak and depressing borderline cynical wordview. One of the main points of the series is that Sarah lives in a downright crappy world where a ton of horrible things happen daily but despite everything bad that happens to her, she always remains hopeful and optimistic no matter what.

While Rick Sanchez and Bojack Horseman are about the most cynical characters you'll ever see, Sarah's upbeat and positive demeanor is what sets her apart from the rest of the dark comedy protagonists. She displays just an all around love of life and doesn't let even the most seemingly hopeless circumstances get her down. Whenever something bad happens to her, instead of complaining or getting angry her approach is to come up with possible solutions to her problem.

That is the kind of mentality that I would like to promote through this series. Because let's face it:Life can be an absolute mess sometimes. In fact, just last year I went through severe depression. My mentality basically amounted to "Life sucks, then you die". Seeing as how I've witnessed depression firsthand, my dream is to inspire others to never give up, reminding people that there is almost always a light at the end of even the darkest tunnel.

Sarah however does have a dark side just like everyone. But these instances of character change are simply there to give her a more human side and make her more relatable. Every single person on Earth has their own struggles and personal demons. I'm not going to create a Mary Sue who has no flaws at all and is completely 100 percent perfect.

The secondary character is her dragon friend Snarl, who works at the local barbeque, cooking with his own fire breath. The other characters include Mono, a technology obssessed monkey, Buster, a stand up comedian dog with a reputation for pushing the envelope too far, and The Thin Man, Slenderman's slacker cousin who isn't scary but rather just lazy and obnoxious.

Currently my life is a little too busy to start full on production for such a complex project, but I'm still going to be working on writing and planning out the scripts however. If these videos ever do get made, I'm not expecting them to go viral or anything. My goal is not to become rich and famous but rather to just have fun and get creative, hopefully entertaining others along the way too. If I can make just one person forget about their struggles and laugh, then I'd still be satisfied.

cjd874

Reaction score
VERY late update...I GOT MAH LICENSE (three weeks ago)! I know that it's a big responsibility but I think I can handle it. Now it's just a matter of doing more driving and (in the future) getting a car, insurance, etc.

Any Del

Reaction score
VERY late update...I GOT MAH LICENSE (three weeks ago)! I know that it's a big responsibility but I think I can handle it. Now it's just a matter of doing more driving and (in the future) getting a car, insurance, etc.
Congratulations!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Congratulations!

AzureMischief

Reaction score
Actually, been doing that for a week and still doing, but.
Prepared to move closer to my work! :big_grin: More time to paint (and sleep), yay!