The “What did you do today?” thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Round 2 of the driver's license test (three days ago). Test: 2, me: 0. :frown:
I was nervous from the start, and I don't even know why. I was driving too slow, I was unsure of when to turn at each intersection (right-of-way), and I messed up a K-turn. It got so bad that I even made a left turn into the wrong lane while leaving a parking lot. :oops: Thankfully there was no incoming traffic, but I still got real scared. The instructor (calm as could be) said, "Get in the right lane." I did, and then I had that sinking feeling like "Crap, I KNOW that I'm not passing today."
After the test, he said, "You drive well...but you're too nervous. It's easier than you think it is...it's just like walking, man! Keep practicing and then you'll be more confident."
So I have go back in December to test again. It's discouraging, but I'm sure that's all I can do.
At least the driver was calm and understanding. My first instructor was a big guy that is super picky and may as well bite your head off.

im 27 and still only have a permit. mostly because i get severe panic attacks any time i try to drive. so i cant even be on the road long enough to get any real practice in :T

please dont tell me that i need to just suck it up. i am already aware of this and feel bad that im incapable of controlling my anxiety. i dont need a reminder.
Hey man, driving isn’t for everyone, totally understandable. But after a few weeks or months, you do eventually get used to it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For the weekend, I'm having to puppy sit for my next door neighborhood (who's actually puppy sitting for a relative, but she has to leave town for work for the weekend). He's a cute little rascal, but he's treating me like his chew toy: he won't stop chompin' on my fingers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Went to the Knoxville Fanboy Expo.

Sat in on the Q&A panel with the original TMNT voice actors - Rob Paulsen, Barry Gordon, Townsend Coleman, Cam Clark, and last-minute addition of Renae Jacobs. Afterwards, I met and had a lengthy chat with Noel MacNeal. I tried to meet the TMNT voice actors after the panel, but not only did they go straight to a photo session, but they also went out for a bite to eat after that, and the lines at their tables were already huge, so I passed.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That’s too bad. You would have loved Cam and Rob for sure, both really nice guys.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, they were so much fun during panel - both were real big smart @$$3$, especially Cam (it was interesting to learn he and Towny auditioned for each other's characters, but Cam was really wanting Michelangelo, lol).

Funnily enough, Cam talked about that Clifford episode where he voiced the three-legged dog, he said the Korean animation studio actually animated him with all four legs, saying, "We fix for you!"

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Oh, they were so much fun during panel - both were real big smart @$$3$, especially Cam (it was interesting to learn he and Towny auditioned for each other's characters, but Cam was really wanting Michelangelo, lol).

Funnily enough, Cam talked about that Clifford episode where he voiced the three-legged dog, he said the Korean animation studio actually animated him with all four legs, saying, "We fix for you!"
How was Noel?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mentioned that Liquid Snake was my favorite of Cam’s voices, but here’s another one I love that is pretty underrated and I highly doubt he remembers lol:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How was Noel?
Had a really nice chat with him - I waited until nobody was in line at his table, so I could just chat with him one-on-one (well, one-on-two, as his chaperone would also join in on our conversations) without anybody waiting in line behind me. He told about some of the challenges that come with performing full-bodied characters like Big Bird and Bear, but some of the ingenius ways they're able to work around like that (like Bear having a small camera mounted into one of his eyes, so the monitor inside shows Noel where he's going). He also had the small Bear puppet with him, so I got my picture with it, which I'll show later.

And yes, Bear smelled me; he said I smelled like a fanboy, lol.
I mentioned that Liquid Snake was my favorite of Cam’s voices, but here’s another one I love that is pretty underrated and I highly doubt he remembers lol:

Somebody at the panel asked Rob about a live-action role he played in a crappy old movie as a stewardess/flight attendant, but Rob said in this business, when you need work, even if the material is crap, you have to be grateful to have the work.