The “What did you do today?” thread

Any Del

Reaction score
@LittleJerry92 @D'Snowth
Out of all the times you two have went to cons, has there ever been a person you would love to meet but was charging way too much? Forgot to mention but during my time at NYCC 2019 back in October 4th, Paul Rudd from Marvel's Ant-man and the Wasp he was charging $200 for autograph and $230 for pictures. Yeah I'm not kidding. I wanted to meet him but I wasn't about to spend over $200 for a photo...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kinda-sorta. At this year's summer con, Paul Reubens was charging $70 for his stuff . . . not that much compared to $200, but I was flat-broke during the summer, and couldn't have gone even if I wanted to.

But I mean, it does seem like the bigger the star is, the more expensive their perks are . . . I don't remember for certain, but I think Rob Paulsen's stuff was ever-so-slightly more expensive than the others (like the others were charging $40 for an autograph, and he may have been charging $50).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@LittleJerry92 @D'Snowth
Out of all the times you two have went to cons, has there ever been a person you would love to meet but was charging way too much? Forgot to mention but during my time at NYCC 2019 back in October 4th, Paul Rudd from Marvel's Ant-man and the Wasp he was charging $200 for autograph and $230 for pictures. Yeah I'm not kidding. I wanted to meet him but I wasn't about to spend over $200 for a photo...
That’s the thing with popular on-camera celebs..... unfortunately, they can charge a lot of money, which is where beforehand, if I know someone is coming to a con, I look at the price listings beforehand, also do a little research beforehand to hear from other fans if they’re worth meeting or not.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Kinda-sorta. At this year's summer con, Paul Reubens was charging $70 for his stuff . . . not that much compared to $200, but I was flat-broke during the summer, and couldn't have gone even if I wanted to.

But I mean, it does seem like the bigger the star is, the more expensive their perks are . . . I don't remember for certain, but I think Rob Paulsen's stuff was ever-so-slightly more expensive than the others (like the others were charging $40 for an autograph, and he may have been charging $50).
Actually, when I met him (but I guess it also depends on the con as well), a photo is 20 and an autograph is 30. For a combo, it’s 40.

Any Del

Reaction score
That’s the thing with popular on-camera celebs..... unfortunately, they can charge a lot of money, which is where beforehand, if I know someone is coming to a con, I look at the price listings beforehand, also do a little research beforehand to hear from other fans if they’re worth meeting or not.
Only like a very small number were on line for him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, when I met him (but I guess it also depends on the con as well), a photo is 20 and an autograph is 30. For a combo, it’s 40.
When I met Steve, the Knoxville Fanboy Expo website was quoting his price as $60, but I remember it only cost me $40.

But, getting back to the subject of the panel, it was especially fun listening to Barry Gordon talk, since his natural voice is hardly any different from Donatello . . . in fact, I could close my eyes and just imagine Donnie talking. He also confirmed my suspicion that he was, indeed, the same Barry Gordon (or "Barry Gordy") who recorded some old-timey novelty songs like "Nuttin' for Christmas."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sheesh . . . I guess I need to look into getting a new camera, because these pictures came out quite blurry. :frown:

I swear Rob looked like a local, what with orange being our state color.

Of course I wore that shirt again - Noel liked it.

I chose this photo because, of course, when I think of Noel, I think of Bear . . . and also Kako from OOBI (which even Noel said was a "weird show").

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Sheesh . . . I guess I need to look into getting a new camera, because these pictures came out quite blurry. :frown:

I swear Rob looked like a local, what with orange being our state color.

Of course I wore that shirt again - Noel liked it.

I chose this photo because, of course, when I think of Noel, I think of Bear . . . and also Kako from OOBI (which even Noel said was a "weird show").
Wow I love that Bear puppet, Noel has. It looks like a kid version of Bear.

Any Del

Reaction score
While I was at Pizzadilla and Wings these 2 dudes whom both were wearing doorags and sagged their pants came in and one of them were talking about getting locked up and released 2 weeks ago. That wasn't the worst part, a female friend of them came into the store and one of the dudes grabbed her phone and leaving a death threat to the person that got him locked up. The female friend tried getting him to calm down but he pulled out scissors and threw them on the ground and then he was reaching for a gun in his front pants. When I saw the handled of the gun my sister and I bolted out the door. 😰