The “What did you do today?” thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, yesterday I went to an artist workshop and learned about two artists: Frederic Remington and Charles Russell. We got to paint and I met some pretty cool kids there as well.

Terrence Burke

Reaction score
Today I am working on two new puppets for our Halloween show. Later today I plan to continue to create original sound effects and music cues for the show. #puppetsrock

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So, yesterday I went to the Texas State Fair. After walking around all day, my feet were killing me by the time we went back home. Also, everything was crazy expensive (twenty dollars for a one turkey leg? are you kidding me?).

I went on a few rides, won a few prizes. I would've loved to have gotten one of those giant multi-colored Scooby Doo toys, but those games are rigged, so I just ended up getting a small frog and dolphin. I'm not complaining though, It was honestly, a really fun day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, yesterday I went to the Texas State Fair. After walking around all day, my feet were killing me by the time we went back home.
Do you have flat feet? I do, so I can feel your pain, lol.
Also, everything was crazy expensive (twenty dollars for a one turkey leg? are you kidding me?).
Ikr? Every year at 4th of July, the food vendors down where they shoot off the fireworks want like five bucks for a corn dog; my mom's always trying to justify the expense by saying this is the only time of year these people work and that have to make a living/profit somehow. But twenty dollars for just a leg? You can get a whole bird for Thanksgiving for about the same price!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Do you have flat feet? I do, so I can feel your pain, lol.
Actually, I have a fairly tall arch. I think the problem is that I used to walk around on my tip-toes all the time (which is apparently genetic), so now my feet tend to hurt after waking for a while if I just walk on my feet instead of my toes.
Ikr? Every year at 4th of July, the food vendors down where they shoot off the fireworks want like five bucks for a corn dog; my mom's always trying to justify the expense by saying this is the only time of year these people work and that have to make a living/profit somehow. But twenty dollars for just a leg? You can get a whole bird for Thanksgiving for about the same price!
I know, it's super annoying that you can't get your money's worth of food at these things anymore. Eventually, the only thing we ended up eating was like five small chicken strips for ten bucks. And I think my little brother got a corn dog, but i'm not sure how much it cost.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So, yesterday I went to the Texas State Fair. After walking around all day, my feet were killing me by the time we went back home. Also, everything was crazy expensive (twenty dollars for a one turkey leg? are you kidding me?).

I went on a few rides, won a few prizes. I would've loved to have gotten one of those giant multi-colored Scooby Doo toys, but those games are rigged, so I just ended up getting a small frog and dolphin. I'm not complaining though, It was honestly, a really fun day.
The games to stay clear of are those mechanical claws. My wife's family used to work on the carnival circuit, and I could tell some stories...

At least her family stayed away from the crooks. (They sold balloons, inflatables, novelties, that kind of deal).
Twenty bucks for a turkey leg? That should be a pterodactyl leg and should feed a family of four! For twenty bucks you should also get a brontosaurus burger.

Food vendors, usually there are shady dealings going on. Especially if you have to buy tickets to buy food, instead of handing over cash for a hot dog or whatever.
In all fairness, it is a seasonal business, from May through October, and they try to make every sale count, but they can do that without fleecing you out of every last penny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We're having the entire heating and air system replaced in our house today for free as part of a weatherization program. While it's nice that we'll end up having a much more efficient system, they really couldn't have picked a worse day to do it: today's the hottest day of the week (85, we're expecting to break another record high today), and with no air circulating in the house while they install, I'm about to pass out from suffocation.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I attended a free lecture at UT that was being given by Alan Alda. I had brought a couple of items for him to sign in the event there may have been a meet-and-greet afterward, but that wasn't the case (same with Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood back in 2007, they almost always have meet-and-greets after their shows, but they didn't that night), however there was a Q&A session afterwards that I wish now I participated in, since I finally thought of something to ask him after lines had already formed at the microphones at the end of the aisles (and he ran out of time for everybody anyway). Either way, it was a very interesting and engaging lecture, and it's a real treat for somebody like him to visit such a sleepy, scruffy little town like ours.