The “What did you do today?” thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm writing a script for what might eventually become a full blown project of mine once I can obtain the time and resources to do it.

My idea is for a potential series that will be somewhat of an adult parody of Eureeka's Castle basically. Unlike most adult animated/puppet shows though, there would be an over arcing narrative throughout and a heavy focus on story & character development in addition to the twisted and surreal comedy.

Think of it kind of like Moral Orel. Instead of just being a crude adult version of Davey & Goliath, it had dramatic and serious undertones as well (even some episodes were completely devoid of any comedy whatsoever). But only this one would be inspired by Eureeka's Castle instead of Davey & Goliath.

It would be equally a comedy series and a traditional dark fantasy as well.

Because of the fantasy theme, I have decided that if a version of the project ever does come to life I would a cover version of this song the theme song:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is something I've been working on for a few days now, but remember a while back when I suggested there should have been a way to be able to project/broadcast film without having to crop it into one aspect ratio or another (either 4:3 or 16:9)? Well, I did some experimenting to see if I could figure out what the aspect ratio might be without cropping it into either of those ratios, and I think I have: 211:135.

So, like basically, instead of a frame being 1920x1080 pixels (for standard HD), it would be 1920x1228, since the top and the bottom wouldn't be cropped out for the 16:9 ratio.

It's kind of unconventional, but I believe this is the aspect ratio I'm going to work with for most of my future productions from here on in.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There once was a fanfiction author whose work I was a fan of - I always liked her writing style, and I felt like her stories were very well-written, and that she wrote the characters very well in-character. I got to thinking and reminiscing about how it's been so many years since I've read any of her old fics, and decided to revisit them to see if they still held up well after all of these years.

And boy, was I wrong. :frown:

Come to think of it, as I look over and read through some of her old fics, I'm really struck by how childish her writing was: I mean, I don't mind a little comic violence and mayhem now and then, but there's a lot of stuff in her fanfics that are really only funny when they happen by accident on AFV (groin attacks, or "where the sun don't shine" as she wrote it, seemed to be a favorite of hers); not to mention the excessive amount of toilet and bodily function humor that would only be funny to little kids and perhaps immature teenagers with a childish sense of humor (which she may or may not have been of that age back when she used to write). Lastly, I've noticed an underlying "countrification" in her writing in regards to the characters as well as their interests (a la listening to and singing country music, watching CMT shows and cowboy movies, liking to eat at Texas Roadhouse, etc.)

Looking back on all of this, I'm seriously asking myself how in the world did I ever think this person was such an excellent fanfiction author, and how was I so easily impressed with her fanfics? How did I ever think her stories - with so much contrived childish violence and toilet humor - was so well-written? Just . . . how? What was wrong with my brain all of those years ago that I somehow figured this was the gold standard of fanfiction?!

I've probably done far more thinking about this than I really need to, but my only conclusion/theory is that even back then, there were so many authors out there who were writing and publishing so many intentionally bad, dark, twisted, and shock stories for the sake of shocking and traumatizing readers, whereas this particular author was one of the very, very few who didn't . . . so maybe, at that time, considering the selection that was available, her stuff did seem more well-written, true-to-the-source, and in-character compared to everything else.

But, sheesh. Now I'm sorry I went back and revisited something I thought was well-done and then it turns out it wasn't at all.

Any Del

Reaction score
Cursed out this user named Sesame Lover. Uploaded some Season 30-31 episodes on my YouTube channel and went to my summer class.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Cursed out this user named Sesame Lover. Uploaded some Season 30-31 episodes on my YouTube channel and went to my summer class.
I kind of forgot about your YouTube channel to be honest with you, but nice to see you back uploading again.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
There once was a fanfiction author whose work I was a fan of - I always liked her writing style, and I felt like her stories were very well-written, and that she wrote the characters very well in-character. I got to thinking and reminiscing about how it's been so many years since I've read any of her old fics, and decided to revisit them to see if they still held up well after all of these years.

And boy, was I wrong. :frown:

Come to think of it, as I look over and read through some of her old fics, I'm really struck by how childish her writing was: I mean, I don't mind a little comic violence and mayhem now and then, but there's a lot of stuff in her fanfics that are really only funny when they happen by accident on AFV (groin attacks, or "where the sun don't shine" as she wrote it, seemed to be a favorite of hers); not to mention the excessive amount of toilet and bodily function humor that would only be funny to little kids and perhaps immature teenagers with a childish sense of humor (which she may or may not have been of that age back when she used to write). Lastly, I've noticed an underlying "countrification" in her writing in regards to the characters as well as their interests (a la listening to and singing country music, watching CMT shows and cowboy movies, liking to eat at Texas Roadhouse, etc.)

Looking back on all of this, I'm seriously asking myself how in the world did I ever think this person was such an excellent fanfiction author, and how was I so easily impressed with her fanfics? How did I ever think her stories - with so much contrived childish violence and toilet humor - was so well-written? Just . . . how? What was wrong with my brain all of those years ago that I somehow figured this was the gold standard of fanfiction?!

I've probably done far more thinking about this than I really need to, but my only conclusion/theory is that even back then, there were so many authors out there who were writing and publishing so many intentionally bad, dark, twisted, and shock stories for the sake of shocking and traumatizing readers, whereas this particular author was one of the very, very few who didn't . . . so maybe, at that time, considering the selection that was available, her stuff did seem more well-written, true-to-the-source, and in-character compared to everything else.

But, sheesh. Now I'm sorry I went back and revisited something I thought was well-done and then it turns out it wasn't at all.
She must've been influenced by Captain Underpants or something... it was a different time. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is something I've been working on for a few days now, but remember a while back when I suggested there should have been a way to be able to project/broadcast film without having to crop it into one aspect ratio or another (either 4:3 or 16:9)? Well, I did some experimenting to see if I could figure out what the aspect ratio might be without cropping it into either of those ratios, and I think I have: 211:135.

So, like basically, instead of a frame being 1920x1080 pixels (for standard HD), it would be 1920x1228, since the top and the bottom wouldn't be cropped out for the 16:9 ratio.

It's kind of unconventional, but I believe this is the aspect ratio I'm going to work with for most of my future productions from here on in.
Turns out I miscalculated. The resolution, as it turns out, would actually be 1920x1320, and the aspect ratio would be 16:11.

Last edited:

RubberChicArt

Reaction score
Well, I’m watching the parent of my step dad’s dog with my siblings (plus parents). He’s a small puppy (not like a chihuahua) and he’s so hyper and sweet!!! :sympathy::flirt:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Spoke to insurance on the phone, pleading my case and getting some things straightened out.

Got my license renewed.

Ran other important errands.

I think I filled my adulting quota today, lol.