Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Forever Special on 11/21/2009 on CWKids

Drtooth

Reaction score
You didn't watch the last part, did you? They used the 2K3 guys just as big as punching bags compared to the mirage comic turtles. I thought that was brilliant.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Shredder and Krang might be pushovers sometimes, but they're competent villains who try to come up with all sorts of plans in taking over Earth and getting ride of the turtles. The writers just take that in effect. I don't think Shredder and Krang planned on letting the 03 Shredder take over their Technodrome. The writers just made them look weak and silly and let the 03 Shredder be the main villain.

The way I see it is Shredder and Krang could have thrown the 03 Shredder and his daughter in the dimensional portal into Dimension X in the middle of a battle field where Krang's Rock Soldiers are firing. That would be the end of the 03 Shredder and his daughter right there. The writers could have done that and told the audience that those guys don't mess around and know what they're doing.

Shredder and Krang are smarter than they appeared in the special and are smart enough to not let the 03 Shredder take over the Technodrome, despite maybe the 80's Shredder wanting to work together with the 03 Shredder to take over the Earth. As stated throughout the 80's series, Shredder and Krang don't trust anyone including each other.

Again the writers were just using the 80's turtles and villains as punching bags.
Well the way you just put your two cents in, it sounds like you're upset that the 03 Shedder became the main villain, however you also mention that 87 Shedder and Krang could of just put 03 Shedder to an end by putting them in Dimension X, which would of made the 87 Shedder and Krang the main villains, and it seems like you would of had no problem with that. And to be honest, you bringing up Dimension X, well I think you might be over thinking it a bit.

I have to say on a personal note it didn't brother me to see Krang get beat up every now and again. Whether it be from the 87 Shedder, 03 Shedder or Karai, Krang does deserve to get rough up from time to time.

As I stated, I agree that the 80s turtles were made to look foolish at times thoughout the special. But again as Drtooth pointed out in the end the 03 turtles become punching bags to the original Mirage turtles and again the Mirage Shedder was beaten very easily by the 87 and 03 turtles, with a diversion from the Mirage turtles.

I knew the 87 turtles were going to be more "comic relief" characters and I was totally cool with that. The only parts that bummed me out was when they drop their weapons and ran from the Mirage Turtles and when they cried on 03 Raph.

In some ways ryhoyarbie, because you bought up so many points for the 87 turtles and don't seem nearly as upset that the 03 turtles looked pretty lame to the Mirage Turtles, it kind of sounds like you're more of a fan of the 87 series more so than a Ninja Turtles fan in general. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that's the feeling I'm getting from you.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared. 03 and Mirage were more focused on combat, but if you notice, the only ones using environmental damage were mostly the 80s guys. I did enjoy seeing 80s Shredder and Krang attempt to assassinate 03Shredder.

The 80s cast weren't so much incompetent (as practically every other cast member said) as innocent. 03Donnie may be a genius, but even he had to resort to 80sDonnie's classic technological "fix" -- one I use sometimes, btw, lol. Though, it's still amusing that the dimensional thingie didn't work just because a screw fell out-- if they'd have a screwdriver and attention to detail, they wouldn't have had that problem. I mean, it happened twice, for God's sake.

All in all, I thought it was epic on SOOOOO many levels. I am a happy camper, even if we couldn't get CGI TMNT or the live action folks. Sigh.

unclematt

Reaction score
All and all it was just cool to see the 80's turtles on TV again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All and all it was just cool to see the 80's turtles on TV again.
If you wait 3 years, Nick IS planning on focusing on that version of the turtles. As per my understanding, they're trying to get the rights to the old series (don't know the progress yet... I bet Lionsgate is holding out, much like they did with Dragon ball)... however, they do have the rights to all the characters, old and new, and the rumors have it the next show may be similar to the old series.

I'm a bit disappointed. I really would have wanted a more adult TMNT show based on Mirage Comics entirely. My favorite part of the special was when they went to that Universe... they even mentioned that the turtles were actually raised to be assassins by Splinter to get revenge on Shredder, who killed Splinter's master.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
You didn't watch the last part, did you? They used the 2K3 guys just as big as punching bags compared to the mirage comic turtles. I thought that was brilliant.
Sure I did. What makes you think I didn't? The only punching bag was the 03 Raphael because he was trying to please the classics too hard.

It kind of sounds like you're more of a fan of the 87 series more so than a Ninja Turtles fan in general.
Guilty as charged. I grew up with them in the 80's and 90's. I like the 03 series too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but has anyone seen the TMNT t-shirts at Walmart lately? They have the 80s Turtles on the front, with a caption that reads "Turtley Awesome".

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Sure I did. What makes you think I didn't? The only punching bag was the 03 Raphael because he was trying to please the classics too hard.
Well it is true the 03 Raphael really wanted to please them. But the Mirage turtles gave a beat down to all four turtles and made fun of them for having different color banadans. So it wasn't just Raphael they gave a hard time to.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone seen the TMNT t-shirts at Walmart lately? They have the 80s Turtles on the front, with a caption that reads "Turtley Awesome".
I have seen those shirts, sometimes Wal-Mart surpises you with some pretty cool shirts that normally you think you would have to go to the nearest "Hot Topic" to get the likes of.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
first off i loved the special, i grew up with theses guys(and muppets) but anyways, it was great i loved the addition of the mirage turtles at the end and the way it ended with them repeating the final lines of the comic was my fav part

id say one of the major things that bugged me was 87 leo's voice
they coudlve done so much better

RedPiggy

Reaction score
id say one of the major things that bugged me was 87 leo's voice
they coudlve done so much better
Yeah. I was like, "Dang, Leo -- puberty was a powerful experience, wasn't it?" His voice was so deep -- just -- dang.