Suprise Live Kermit Appearance on UK TV

camilla

Reaction score
****. I missed it. Then again it is a show I would not normally watch as I find Ant and Dec a bit annoying at times.

GuySmiley

Reaction score
I thought it was great - and a total surprise! And what else was great? The huge reaction Kermit got from the audience when revealed - I can't think of many other 'childrens' characters that would get such a reaction!

Shows there is still a lot of love for the muppets!

Guy!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i taped it too when it was repeated this morning on ITV2. I agree that the reactions to Kermit (on the street as well) show there is a definite love and enthusiasm for the Mupets in the UK still. Just him getting booked as the surprise finale guest for the final moments of the series show they are regarded as a big guests in the industry too.

So i guess Steve had two clone Kermit puppets there? There wasn't really enough time between him going behind the curtain before the start of the Blues Brothers number and them being able to dress the original puppet. Unless Henson people are THAT quick. Seems like they went to a LOT of trouble for that appearance, custom Kermit Blues Brothers outfit, the equipment and costume to do the outside bit, and building the amp to hide Steve. I guess the UK workshop had been busy last week.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I'd say there were Four Kermits at the show. Original, Blues Brothers (sitting), Blue Brothers (free standing) and Reporter Kermit. Seems like ALOT of trouble for one show !

I also taped it this morning :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Oh yeah, i just noticed how they did the Blues Brothers thing. I actually never realised about the free-standing Blues Brother Kermit before. There's like a small box on the left of the stage right the way through the number, not large enough for a person but large enough for the puppet to be kept in there and it's positioned right in front of the backing girls where you first see free-standing Kermit. So i guess the presenters run into the audience and the cameras follow them so someone else can run on and do the free-standing bits, then it goes back to Steve with the original sitting puppet doing the talking bits while the presenter runs on and they take the free standing Kermit off? Just to think, that part is supposed to be a complete surprise for Ant & Dec but they must have been briefed on all that before. I guess the audience must have seen two Kermits at the same time on stage too.

I wish i would have known about that, i could have probably got in at the last minute. **** !

BarkingSprocket

Reaction score
It's a pity I dont have digital i would have loved to have seen it again. :smile:

All you guys out there who taped it. Can you put it on your PC and upload it to the net so that the US Kermit fans can watch it. Or if ya cant do that, do a few screen grabs with a webcam please.

And another thing. Has anyone found any news articles about yesterday? I havn't i'm suprised I can't find any. :confused:

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
BarkingSprocket said:
Has anyone found any news articles about yesterday? I havn't i'm suprised I can't find any. :confused:
I'm not sure it's exactly newsworthy as they do a surprise section every week on Ant & Dec. Quite often these spots involve cult TV shows too - off the top of my head they've had Mastermind, Countdown, Blockbusters and Stars in their Eyes (okay that last one isn't really a cult show but you get the point! :wink:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,
Kermit would have been covered before Steve's hand came out of that puppet. Steve would have probably then come from the back of the amp (which looked loose!) and ran to a person off camera who would put the Kermit puppet onto Steve's arm and then he'd do those other bits.

There's normally a person who covers the puppets and assists the puppeteers always present.

I have no way of putting it on the web.

Luke

Reaction score
I have no way of putting it on the web either.

Warrick - Just surpised Steve could get out of the first puppet, out of the amp, run and get into the second puppet in four seconds. I just looked at it back and saw the amp was only loose after the free-standing bits though so yeah, wow - he's fast !