Suprise Live Kermit Appearance on UK TV

Luke

Reaction score
Still happening now but Kermit has made a suprise live appearance (with top billing) on the final show in the series of "Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway" on ITV in the UK. So far he's done a live piece in the studio, been in a pre-recorded earlier skit outside the studio dressed as Reporter Kermit (with the hat and microphone) interviewing audience members. Right now he's dressed as a Blues Brother singing a live duet 'Everybody' with a Blues Brothers band and the other presenters.

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Heh! I just posted the same thing! It was a great surprise as I was watching Ant & Dec whilst reading these boards! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
LOL! Yeah same here. It was totally unannounced and a big surprise. I saw a lot of criticism of Kermits voice and facial movements for the Nick & Jessica appearance but tonight he was very much like Jim's Kermit - even did the freak out 'yayyyyyy' bit like after the TMS's guest were announced. Well done Steve !

BarkingSprocket

Reaction score
Yeah I saw it to just got in from walking the dog glad I didn’t miss it. It was fantastic, as I didn’t see the start of Saturday Night Takeaway was there any talk about him being on? Great to see Kermit back on UK TV:smile:

It’s been ages since he has been on. The last time I saw a Muppet was ages ago it was Animal playing the drums in the Va, Va Voom car ad :halo:

Has any one got any news of more Muppet stars on UK TV in the near future?

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
BarkingSprocket said:
Yeah I saw it to just got in from walking the dog glad I didn’t miss it. It was fantastic, as I didn’t see the start of Saturday Night Takeaway was there any talk about him being on?

No there was no mention because Kermit was in the surprise section where Ant & Dec don't know what's coming next!

BarkingSprocket

Reaction score
Ok thanks, its was great to see Kermit back in his reporter hat and coat. Reminds me of the days when he was in Sesame Street.

“Hi ho it's Kermit The Frog of Sesame Street News”

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
This means as of tonight, Steve Whitmire is in the UK with Kermit the Frog.

What for?!

They wouldnt do one show like this, They'd combine it with doing other things...

:smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
Warrick said:
This means as of tonight, Steve Whitmire is in the UK with Kermit the Frog.

What for?!

They wouldnt do one show like this, They'd combine it with doing other things...

:smile:
:jealous: Take that back! It's bad enough that you guys got one appearance we missed out on... :cry:

Luke

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Maybe, but it was a live saturday night prime time appearance on one of the biggest channels. I think they'd probably send him over just for that if need be.

BarkingSprocket

Reaction score
It’s a shame you missed it, it was great did anyone record it? If you did can you put the file on the net so the less unfortunate (you guys in the USA or anyone who was out) can watch it.

Plus I would like to see it again as I am greedy lol:smile: