Super Smash Bros. Brawl

wwfpooh

Reaction score
IMO, the only standable version of Poke'mon was the original first season. After that, all Poke'mon was was being a moneymaker and taking place over classic WB! shows (and the remakes like "Loonatics" didn't help matters). But as it pertains to Sonic, I think the only character that needs inclusion with Sonic is Tails, because including Amy, Shadow, and the rest is basically again saying that the post-Sonic Adventure gang (from Sonic Adventure, through Sonic X, and into the current games) is better than the Freedom Fighters, who've been reduced to nothing (the SatAM DVD, Sonic Spinball, and Archie Sonic comics aside), despite the fact that they were first and were done during Sonic's heyday.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I agree with you on both positions. I think Tails is really the only one that needs to be included. And maybe Knuckles. But that's it.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I agree with you on both positions. I think Tails is really the only one that needs to be included. And maybe Knuckles. But that's it.
Or if we're doing villains, and Bowser/Koopa is added for Mario, add in Robotnik/Eggman for Sonic. But yes, only Miles "Tails" Prower and Knuckles the Echidna (sp?)--the main two allies of Sonic's throughout his career--need inclusion, if anything.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Do you think anyone else from the Sonic franchise will make any sort of appearance in Brawl? It seems kinda lame just to have Sonic when they have such a wealth of characters to choose from.

And something that I was thinking about. Since we now have the Pokemon Trainer character, do you think maybe there will be different variations of the character with different Pokemon? For example, there could be a Johto version, a Hoenn version, and a Sinnoh version. I dunno, just thought it would be a cool way to incorporate more characters.
Not as a playable character (since Mega Man is rumored and there should be three or four 3rd party characters), but definitely assist trophys.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'd rather have the classics (that is, the first season of Poke'mon at the most), for it was in 1998 when Poke'mon and Spongebob starting airing that the shows our generation grew up with took a backseat to the whims of corporate management, IMO.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
This is cool that you can also play as King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Wario. the first characters since the Original and Melee.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
This is cool that you can also play as King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Wario. the first characters since the Original and Melee.
It is cool, but the voice acting for characters is horrid or gameplay is just as bad, then the game will surely fail.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
It is cool, but the voice acting for characters is horrid or gameplay is just as bad, then the game will surely fail.
Gameplay over voice overs in my book. If the voices are that bad, I can mute my TV and listen to music.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Gameplay over voice overs in my book. If the voices are that bad, I can mute my TV and listen to music.
Ditto, but it's not the same as having a good game with excellent gameplay and good voices and music.