Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I think that's what made me so interested in their dynamic...because they were a fun and realistic couple at the same time. I liked both sides of the relationship..the non-serious and the serious.

And what someone said before, they basically had the same desire and goals, and that's something that keeps them connected. Piggy always seems to come back and stay either for Kermit or won't admit she's staying for him.

They obviously still care about each other, but I feel like wasting all that great character development from the 2015 show and not have them working out their relationship is a cop-out to me.

At Morning with the Muppets when Kermit confirmed that the breakup was the same as it was before the 2015 show, it made me scratch my head. I really wanted an explanation as to what happened and why they stayed broken up. I mean, I guess now it's okay to keep them apart since there's no new show or movie.

But being a huge fan of both of them, it makes me frustrated when the writing messes them up sometimes...especially on Piggy's part. I don't know what her deal was in the Hollywood Bowl interviews. That could just me being really picky, but that's what I get for being so passionate about a frog and pig lol.

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
Hey, it's completely understandable. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yeah, it is hard to get used to anyone else as Kermit since Jim Henson was the official Kermit for so long. Kind of like when Mel Blanc died, the Looney Tunes characters had new voices and it was hard to get used to the new voices no matter who's doing them.
Yeah. They do good, but Jim Henson had a better replacement than Mel Blanc.

I don't know. I kind of liked that running gag of Piggy pursuing Kermit, but the relationship for the most part being one-sided and then Kermit starting to return her affections in later years. I always seemed to like them as a couple. Just my opinion.
I definitely agree that them being so hostile towards each other is very out of character and should definitely be fixed. It's not particularly funny or comfortable to watch. But I think that has a lot to do with how inconsistent Miss Piggy has been for a while. All the movies (aside from maybe Muppets From Space) and The Muppet Show they really did feel like a team. And, I think MFS was kind of the beginning of the problem, and that could be because Frank Oz wasn't able to be on set for most of the filming and make creative decisions. Some days Miss Piggy can be fine, while other days she's a complete narcissistic nightmare. I mean, she was always a narcissist, but it's pretty much taken up her whole character in the last decade and a half.
Both good points. I don't care either way if Miss Piggy and Kermit get back together, but at least let them be civil to each other.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
At Morning with the Muppets when Kermit confirmed that the breakup was the same as it was before the 2015 show, it made me scratch my head. I really wanted an explanation as to what happened and why they stayed broken up. I mean, I guess now it's okay to keep them apart since there's no new show or movie.
Yeah. It would be good to know what happened on the plane trip to Thailand, but again the real life Muppets are never consistent with shows/movies, so while the break-up may have been real whatever happened on the show or what would have happened had the show run longer might have been a different story. You never know.

Both good points. I don't care either way if Miss Piggy and Kermit get back together, but at least let them be civil to each other.
Yeah. I see what you mean. At least on the 2015 show they stayed friends, but the way Piggy has been acting in the live interviews it really seems like she's unhappy about doing the interviews with him. Plus the Piggy we all know wouldn't have insulted his eyes and his collar like she did there. :frown:

Whataday

Reaction score
Does anyone else think Matt's Kermit so far sounds like Richard Hunt doing an impression of Jim's Kermit? I keep hearing traces of Scooter. He could do with sounding a bit more rubbery but so far I think he's done pretty well. He's certainly been thrown in at the deep end doing a huge live concert.

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
I guess I used to watch a different Muppet Show where Kermit used to insult Miss Piggy and she karate chopped him all the time.
Yeah, I used to watch that one, too. That's what made it entertaining-- Kermit's dismissive/insulting attitude towards Piggy, followed by Piggy hitting him so hard he went flying across the stage. Civility among puppets isn't really entertaining.

Censored

Reaction score
Yeah. It would be good to know what happened on the plane trip to Thailand, but again the real life Muppets are never consistent with shows/movies, so while the break-up may have been real whatever happened on the show or what would have happened had the show run longer might have been a different story. You never know.

Yeah. I see what you mean. At least on the 2015 show they stayed friends, but the way Piggy has been acting in the live interviews it really seems like she's unhappy about doing the interviews with him. Plus the Piggy we all know wouldn't have insulted his eyes and his collar like she did there. :frown:
I thought the Muppets were supposed to have an edge to them.