Reaction score
The Muppet Movie
Muppets Most Wanted
Muppets Take Manhattan
The Muppets
Great Muppet Caper
Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppets From Space
Muppets Treasure Island (not much in this movie that I enjoy except for the Cabin Fever scene).

I'm kind of surprised by how many people say they prefer GMC to The Muppet Movie. To me, the character stuff is charming, and I love the opening sequence, the John Cleese cameo, and the Happiness Hotel song. Some of the jokes are funny, but not much seems to happen for most of it.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
You guys might think I'm crazy,

1. The Muppet Movie
2. Great Muppet Caper
3. Muppet Treasure Island
4. Muppet Christmas Carol
5. Muppets Most Wanted
6. The Muppets Take Manhattan
7. The Muppets
8. Muppets From Space

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
My list
GREAT MUPPET CAPER
MUPPETS MOST WANTED
TREASURE ISLAND
MUPPET MOVIE
MUPPET TAKE MANHATTAN
THE MUPPETS
MUPPETS FROM SPACE
MUPPETS XMAS CAROL

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I place Muppet Caper over the first film because I enjoy looney Muppet anarachy, pretty much any time during Jim's lifetime when large groups of characters are thrown together and the results are allowed to write themselves, which we get a lot of in this movie. All the stuff in the third act appeals to me greater than anything in the first movie does, as much as I love it.

And while there's bits in the first film that have me on the floor (Steve Martin's pointlessly surly waiter and Mel Brooks' psycho, machine-tonguing scientist) I just appreciate the humor in Muppet Caper more, such as the plot exposition joke, "Your voice was dubbed!", the movie-stopping Peter Falk bit, and the in-character fight between Kermit and Piggy exploding into a professional argument.

I love both films, but Muppet Caper just appeals to me more. There's just something about its comic sensibilities and it's off-kilter attitude that I love. The movie is deranged, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The thing about Christmas Carol is that it's a good adaption of a christmas carol, but it's not a good muppet movie. There's nothing muppety or goofy about it. I also feel a bit sad everytime I watch it thinking just how somber everyone must have been after losing not only Jim but also Richard.

On the other hand, I'd say Muppet Treasure Island is a good muppet movie, but not a great adaption.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
What I'm seeing here is basically people judging these movies based on Muppet content; which characters appear, how they're used, etc...

I try to judge these movies as FILMS. And while I can't really fault someone for not liking Christmas Carol as much because how it casts and uses the Muppets, I think AS A FILM, it's worlds ahead of the later two '90s movies. The special effects are fantastic, Michael Cain is a perfect Scrooge, the soundtrack is exceptional, the funny bits are funny, the scary bits are threatening, the emotional bits are effective. Like I said, there's a reason why it gets so much love and is often cited as not only a holiday classic, but one of the very best Christmas Carol adaptions.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing about Christmas Carol is that it's a good adaption of a christmas carol, but it's not a good muppet movie. There's nothing muppety or goofy about it.
Anything Gonzo and Rizzo got themselves into? Animal going crazy and launching the rest of the Electric Mayhem into more contemporary, upbeat party music? The rats' reactions to Scrooge yelling at them? Piggy as Mrs. Cratchit forgetting which daughter is who?