Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Mike Quinn's comment:
"Although it's irrelevant who gave Kermit to Steve, there's a chance that Jim told Steve he wanted him to take him over when the time comes - and Brian had to physically do that after Jim's passing. So I suspect they are both right.

As to Kermit's character, that's 100% scripted and Steve fought hard to have him not be mean. I was there, I saw it happen.

Just going with what I know and personally witnessed
"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow! You mean Cheryl sided with Disney on recasting :smile:? That's a big disappointment.

Also, I thought I'd ask, has the "Thought of the Week" with Matt's :smile: been posted yet? I've been looking and I couldn't find it. I thought it would be up by now.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Reading what Cheryl wrote is definitely harsh, assuming it's true.

But if they were so unhappy with Steve as Kermit, why are we only hearing about this / why is something being done about it almost thirty years later?

And I still say my least favorite thing about this is his characters other than Kermit... especially Rizzo. I wonder if they ever offered Steve the chance to stay on as other characters and letting someone else take on Kermit and he just didn't go for that.