Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're not alone, really, I notice a number of people here who have noted a difference in Kermit's personality with Steve as well - a mellow, almost subdued personality in comparison to Jim's easily flustered Kermit who was quick to fly off the handle.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Despite being sad about Steve leaving, I'm happy this means that Peter Linz gets more roles (most likely) he really deserves it. Also, Statler has got to be the most recast muppet

Jerry Nelson 1975
Richard Hunt 1976-1991
Jerry Nelson 1992-2003
Steve Whitmire 2003-2016
(?) Peter Linz 2017-present

gravy

Reaction score
When Dave leaves (which should NOT happen in a very long time) I think Peter would be a good recast. I hear a similarity in his voice for Gonzo.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I love how Dave Goelz is the sole Gonzo performer aside from 2 one-off performances.
Frank did him for a promo for the Sex and Violence pilot - though he wasn't really "Gonzo" at that point. Not at all unlike his role in The Great Santa Claus Switch.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Peter will also get Statler added to his roster and Beaker could go to David Rudman (Hunt character). I am not sure about Rizzo. I don't see him getting retired. Link hasn't been seen for a while so his replacement won't be crucial. The same goes for Newsman. What does everyone else think?
Well, it's sad when you think about it, because Link and the Newsman had just returned to the spotlight recently after being retired for so long after Jim's death. I'd hate to see them be phased out again, but we'll see what happens.

It's from 2012.
Oh, okay. I listened to that and I noticed the slight difference in :smile:'s voice there, but maybe it's just my ears because I just read Duke's post about Steve rerecording those lines. So I'm not sure about that one.