Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I take it you have never worked in television or entertainment.

This is a pretty basic smear campaign. Think about it. If you are an underdog company like Henson, what would you do? Side with an employee, or a potential collaborator and employer with billions of dollars? It's no secret that the Henson Company is a sinking ship. Of course they're not going to take Whitmire's side.
Jim Henson's Kids wouldn't do that any fan Of Jim Henson would know that. Jim Henson was a gentle soul who raised his kids right. Have you worked for a major studio or anyone on here for that matter? So don't pretend to know more then I do on how Hollywood Studios work.

I have basically studied Hollywood movies since I was young, Through Books, The Internet, and Documentaries So I know a little bit about the subject.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Have you worked for a major studio or anyone on here for that matter? So don't pretend to know more then I do on how Hollywood Studios work.
Yes, actually. I do. I work for a company owned by the same company that owns the Muppets. This is not a brag, it's just a fact. I know how these things work. Not that it takes somebody inside the system to understand that, of course, and I'm not being an annoying know it all. I'm speaking from my experience, that's all.

Jim Henson's Kids wouldn't do that any fan Of Jim Henson would know that. Jim Henson was a gentle soul who raised his kids right...

...I have basically studied Hollywood movies since I was young, Through Books, The Internet, and Documentaries So I know a little bit about the subject.
No offense intended at all, but you're being a little naive. I'm as big of a fan as anybody here, but I'm not going to blindly follow along until more facts come to light. Henson's kids are not saints. There's no such thing, especially in business.

Henson has been dead for almost thirty years. The company he started is not the same company it was. It can't be. It is a different world now. The Henson brand name doesn't hold the same clout as it did, either, which is exactly why the company can barely get its projects off the ground. Lisa, Cheryl, and Brian Henson are merely protecting their interests. It's better for them to side with Disney than it is for them to side with Whitmire. I'm not saying anybody's hands are clean here, either - it sounds like Whitmire got too aggressive and puritanical with his opinion, and it rubbed people the wrong way.

There's no black and white here. Both sides are responsible for the current situation, and neither side is handling it with the professionalism, kindness, or integrity that has long been associated with the Henson/Muppet name.

I side with Jim's Kids and Disney. Nobody Is above the Company when you work for a Studio or Company you have to listen to your boss that is just the way it is and It Is fair Business practices.
I don't agree at all. You intimated earlier that "any fan of Henson" would understand what's going on, but this doesn't sound at all the way Jim Henson would conduct his business. No bosses or studio should trump ethical or moral positions. This is exactly why Henson took so long to sell to Eisner, why the deal was still hanging in the balance when he died - he didn't want the dirty hands of big business all over the Sesame Street Muppets. He believed in the integrity of that brand, and didn't want it used to do things like, I don't know, sell cars.

Ahem...

Last edited:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Your only with Disney because they make star wars
I side with Jim's Kids and Disney. Nobody Is above the Company when you work for a Studio or Company you have to listen to your boss that is just the way it is and It Is fair Business practices.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There's no black and white here. Both sides are responsible for the current situation, and neither side is handling it with the professionalism, kindness, or integrity that has long been associated with the Henson/Muppet name.
Lisa Henson's statement was fair. Contract negotiations are so often the catalysts for these problems.

Cheryl clearly didn't mean for her comment to be all that public and seemed upset in the moment. Social media is nobody's friend. :wink:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Your only with Disney because they make star wars
I like Star Wars, Pixar, Disney Animation Studio, Marvel, and I like the Disney Produced Muppets movies and TV I think there a quality well run organization Bob Iger Is doing Something Right If I am In the Minority on this so be It I don't care heck my sister and Father hate Disney even If they Like basically the same movies I like. and the Whole family has Disney Orlando Theme Parks Annual Passes but I am still the only family member that loves Disney Corporate.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Yes, actually. I do. I work for a company owned by the same company that owns the Muppets. This is not a brag, it's just a fact. I know how these things work. Not that it takes somebody inside the system to understand that, of course, and I'm not being an annoying know it all. I'm speaking from my experience, that's all.

No offense intended at all, but you're being a little naive. I'm as big of a fan as anybody here, but I'm not going to blindly follow along until more facts come to light. Henson's kids are not saints. There's no such thing, especially in business.

Henson has been dead for almost thirty years. The company he started is not the same company it was. It can't be. It is a different world now. The Henson brand name doesn't hold the same clout as it did, either, which is exactly why the company can barely get its projects off the ground. Lisa, Cheryl, and Brian Henson are merely protecting their interests. It's better for them to side with Disney than it is for them to side with Whitmire. I'm not saying anybody's hands are clean here, either - it sounds like Whitmire got too aggressive and puritanical with his opinion, and it rubbed people the wrong way.

I don't agree at all. You intimated earlier that "any fan of Henson" would understand what's going on, but this doesn't sound at all the way Jim Henson would conduct his business. No bosses or studio should trump ethical or moral positions. This is exactly why Henson took so long to sell to Eisner, why the deal was still hanging in the balance when he died - he didn't want the dirty hands of big business all over the Sesame Street Muppets. He believed in the integrity of that brand, and didn't want it used to do things like, I don't know, sell cars.

Ahem...
I'm just saying from my own experience the Apple doesn't fall far from the Tree most of the Times If you raise your kids the right way they turn out all right. Jim was a good guy I am sure his kids are good people to.

and what Is that company you work for called and what do you do?

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Lisa Henson's statement was fair. Contract negotiations are so often the catalysts for these problems.

Cheryl clearly didn't mean for her comment to be all that public and seemed upset in the moment. Social media is nobody's friend. :wink:
Oh yeah! I wasn't referring to the comment in the video or article, I was responding to the nastier one she made on Facebook. That, and Brian Henson's rather backhanded compliment about Whitmire. I don't think that was fair at all. Even if Whitmire is the bad guy in this - which we can't really say at this point - it is outrageous to suggest he is not insanely talented.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I'm just saying from my own experience the Apple doesn't fall far from the Tree most of the Times If you raise your kids the right way they turn out all right. Jim was a good guy I am sure his kids are good people to.

and what Is that company you for called and what do you do?
I find It hard to believe that a Henson Workshop Employee posts here or that you are part of the team that puts together productions and such Creative Team, What Is Your name so I can pick it out In the credits and movies TV shows you were a part of? If you Worked on Independent Movies like small productions and such you cant compare the two we are talking about Disney...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I wasn't referring to the comment in the video or article, I was responding to the nastier one she made on Facebook. That, and Brian Henson's rather backhanded compliment about Whitmire. I don't think that was fair at all. Even if Whitmire is the bad guy in this - which we can't really say at this point - it is outrageous to suggest he is not insanely talented.
Yeah I mean I can't defend it obviously, you shouldn't kick someone when they're down.

I doubt there's any bad guy in this. They've all struggled to cope since Jim passed away. It's like The Godfather, the organization is never the same after the leader is gone.