Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's totally possible, but that depends how...erm, accurate to his last portrayal Disney wants the character to be. IMO, Eric Jacobson as Guy Smiley was a drastic change in the character's voice. Obviously, now we've adjusted, but it was quite a shock to the senses when his new voice first debuted. I feel like it would be the same with the Newsman (no offense to Eric).
Well sadly the newsman is one that has been passed around a little. First Brian and then Steve, so it could go to anyone.
I do wonder how all of this recasting went down. Where there auditions held or did the other prefomers just say I'll do this one and so on?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bill is really the only one who can really nail certain voices of Jim's, like the deep, raspy voice of Rowlf or Dr. Teeth. Eric, I felt, never really quite got the voice right for Guy Smiley - it sounds a little too much like an excitable version of his Bert/Fozzie voice. Likewise, Steve's Newsman sounds more like Steve speaking from the back of his throat. Same with Dave's Waldorf, it sounds more like a typical Dave Goelz voice than Waldorf.

But again, as I've said many times before, Jim's voices are going to be hard to replicate because they were so much his voice.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I think Bill's Rowlf sounds a bit too similar to his Bobo voice, but he is a dead-on Dr. Teeth. Though I also think he'd do a good Newsman.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still, I'm blown away by almost exactly like Caroll Eric sounds as Oscar - I didn't think Oscar's would be an easy voice to recreate . . . I mean even though I'm used to Matt's Big Bird, I still think it sounds a little more like the transitional period Caroll went through in transforming Big Bird from the country bumpkin to the six-year-old kid we know and love him as.

jeremystclair

Reaction score
Wikipedia updated the castings david rudman doing beaker bil baretta doing link hogthrob andy pig peter linz doing rizzo lips and muppet newsman

Censored

Reaction score
Not sure if it's true, but it would sure be nice to have all the characters taken care of for future projects!