Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Censored

Reaction score
Praising Matt is getting to be such a tricky thing. Fans feel like they have to apologize on here and give a disclaimer before saying something good about him. If anyone does say anything good about Matt, they get accused of being a troll, working for Disney, or even being Matt Vogel himself. Strange days indeed. Still, I extend my: "Welcome Matt!"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm happy to say, I'm starting to warm up to Matt's Kermit. I wonder, is that a new Kermit puppet, or is Matt's hand shape just different? The head looks larger.

Also, I've noticed something about Matt's portrayal of Kermit. He seems a bit more... sarcastic? Do you know what I mean? And his overall tone is a lot calmer than Steve or Jim. It might just be me, but his portrayal (so far) reminds me of the early Kermit;

EDIT: Also Piggy is meaner than usual. Her personality seems to fluctuate a lot, doesn't it?
They really need to fix her writing. Seriously.
Well, in a live interview wouldn't that have been Eric ad-libbing? So the writers wouldn't have been at fault there. Not trying to put Eric down in any way, but yeah, it does seem like Piggy has gotten a bit too mean of late.
I noticed that, especially with her implying that she wants Gonzo dead, that did sound a bit like the Good Luck Charlie Miss Piggy. This goes back to what I was talking about before, sometimes they make her too mean, yet on the 2015, she was a bit too much of a softy. There really needs to be some balance there.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Well, in a live interview wouldn't that have been Eric ad-libbing? So the writers wouldn't have been at fault there. Not trying to put Eric down in any way, but yeah, it does seem like Piggy has gotten a bit too mean of late.
I kind of have to agree with that. Even if it was Eric ad-libbing, the Miss Piggy I grew up with would never interrupt an interview like this. I just can't see her going "neh neh neh neh neh" like she did in this video.

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I saw one clip that was Matt as Kermit and I thought he did pretty good. The voice was a little different, but I can also pick out whether it's Jim or Steve moving the old green coat. I think the hardest thing is that it's change, pure and simple. Steve was Kermit for almost 30 years so it's hard to think of someone else playing him. That said, older fans had Jim for over 30 years (less if you just started with Sesame Street). To me, it's just one of the necessary challenges of Muppet fandom. Good luck to Steve and congratulations Matt.

Also... (I didn't read the rest of the thread, so I'm sorry), anyone else get a kick it's Constantine's puppeteer playing Kermit?

Same can be said for every "reality" show.
All I can say without completely over-powering the discussion on the Kermit recasting is "Sick burn" :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Same here. My mom actually still watches things like THE VIEW and THE TALK . . . who even still watches those shows anyway?

I don't mind late-night talk shows, but really, now that Dave Letterman is out of the picture, there really isn't a lot to hold my interest anymore. I do like Trevor Noah, however - that guy really tells it like it is, he really should get a network deal and get off cable.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I only watch talk shows if an older celebrity is on. Sometimes the newer ones.