Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

gravy

Reaction score
It doesn't need to change. Fans just need to get reacquainted with the way Jim did the voice. Easy to forget unless you watch a lot of retro.
Not change, evolve. There's a difference. Listen, I hope you realize that Matt's Kermit is not going to be a complete and accurate replica of Jim's Kermit. Besides, like people said before, it isn't as much about the voice as it is much of the mannerisms and how the legacy is continued.

Censored

Reaction score
Not change, evolve. There's a difference. Listen, I hope you realize that Matt's Kermit is not going to be a complete and accurate replica of Jim's Kermit. Besides, like people said before, it isn't as much about the voice as it is much of the mannerisms and how the legacy is continued.
Well, on that particular video, Kermit sounded closer to Jim's voice than he has in decades.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I mean, i've kind of been worried about that myself. Steve, for instance, had to gradually push Rizzo and Bean Bunny to the sidelines after Kermit started to regain more prominence.
No he didn't. Bean just wasn't very popular, and was eventually phased out. Whitmire playing Kermit had nothing to do with it. As for Rizzo, he had an incredibly healthy career for the first twenty years that Steve was playing Kermit, and had a major role in the 2015 TV show. His absence from the 2011 and 2014 films had more to do with the writers than Whitmire being too "busy" performing Kermit.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Well . . . .

Heck with it, I'm just gonna say it. I'm not impressed. I really don't think Matt sounds much like Jim's Kermit at all. His Kermit is not BAD, but I don't find it that great, either. But, I stated this before, and I'm going to state it again. I hated Steve's Kermit when I first heard it, but I felt it did get better as more time went by. I'm sure Matt will get better too.

gravy

Reaction score
For me,Matts kermit doesnt sound nothing like Kermit, Steve, in his first performance, was much closer...I love Matt...but Kermit needs Steve....its my opinion
Doesn't sound nothing... Double negative.

Now that I listen back to the clip, Matt's voice also sounds a little like Steve's first impression.