Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Waldorf was right on when he said the Oscars would be boring. I didn't like the Oscars this year, although I'm glad for the people who won in their categories.

ryan

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
So...I take it youa re not a fan of The Land of Gorch, Very Merry Muppet Christmas, Muppets Tonight and especially the Jim Henson Hour? The Muppets have *ALWAYS* snuck in violence, crass inuendo, etc. It's just now that you're older you pick up on it.
Actually, I'm definitely not a fan of The Land of Gorch skits, and I'm definitely not a fan of Saturday Night Live anyway. There were some things I definitely did not like about It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and there were definitely some very awful things I didn't like on Muppets Tonight (and I have seen all 22 episodes, by the way) I haven't seen any of The Jim Henson Hour just yet, so I'm not sure what subversive and perversive stuff might have been snuck in there. I knew that the "H" word was bad when I was a child and it still is and I still don't like hearing it now. And there are other countries besides the USA that considers it a swear word, by the way. I've also seen some of Kermit's appearances on some late night TV talk shows just because I love seeing just about any new appearance of the Muppets. However, I don't care at all for some of the things Kermit's said on these appearances. Just because the Muppets have done crass, foul humor and innuendos in the past doesn't mean they have to keep it doing it now. And it never makes it right.

By the way, I also don't think America is in any kind of ultra puritanical mode at all. I wish that were true too, that America was getting back to its Christian roots. But unfortunately, it seems to be falling further and further away.

Anyway, there are some crude things that I wish the Muppets wouldn't do and I already know the response. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Glad they're getting some exposure, but I still wish they could be cleaner. :attitude: (There's a reason Sam the American Eagle's one of my favorite Muppets!) :wink:

And Sesame Street rules! :smile: (Don't know about Mopatop's Shop, Bear in the Big Blue House, or The Hoobs though. Haven't seen 'em.)

Erine81981

Reaction score
Finally got to watch it. I thought it was pretty cool to see :sleep: & :boo: and :rolleyes: too. I liked it and enjoyed it. Can't wait for more.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, I was checking for a new one this week. They said that the site was updated every Friday, but still all I can find is last weeks. Am I doing something wrong or did they just not update it yet?

beaker

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
(There's a reason Sam the American Eagle's one of my favorite Muppets!) :wink:
You do realize Jim Henson made Sam the Eagle as a spoof on the uptight conservatives in America right? He's making fun of all the people that get offended all the time about every little thing, that's why it's brilliant.

I agree with you to some extent...tho I just have to say the Muppets have always worked on dual layers. Ive heard/seen Muppet material unseen by the public that would definately not sit right with you. That's why JH created Sesame Street, which is specifically for the youngsters, as the Muppets will always appeal in some way to the older crowd.

A while ago on Tough Pigs there was a feature about a new episode of Bear in the Big Blue House that used every foul word you can think of, and I didn't think that was right. So I mean I do think there are boundaries and tact.

Also, for those of you that can't stand swearing... Repeat this sentence out loud: I went to the pet shop across from the dam, only I couldn't hear the owener as a helicopter was whizzing by. I wanted to buy a shi tzu dog, but my money fell onto the asphault. The guy was an habitual liar anyways.
I think I liked my old country better, even tho everyone has a cockney accent. :smile:

Oliver

Reaction score
For the record, I have no issues with edginess or racy content. Just want to clarify as that's not where my critisisms lie here.

This just sucked. There was nothing remotely funny about any of that.

Not to mention, it was out of character and off pace. That just wasn't on par nor was it in context with anything Henon's Muppets have ever done.

It was just bad.

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
I didn't mind the somewhat raunchy content. As long as the Muppets are funny, I'm cool. The only voice that sounded off to me was Pepe's, but his bit was still great. If this is a weekly feature, hopefully they'll all be this great.
:boo: :sleep: :rolleyes:

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
beaker said:
A while ago on Tough Pigs there was a feature about a new episode of Bear in the Big Blue House that used every foul word you can think of, and I didn't think that was right. So I mean I do think there are boundaries and tact.

Also, for those of you that can't stand swearing... Repeat this sentence out loud: I went to the pet shop across from the dam, only I couldn't hear the owener as a helicopter was whizzing by. I wanted to buy a shi tzu dog, but my money fell onto the asphault. The guy was an habitual liar anyways.
I think I liked my old country better, even tho everyone has a cockney accent. :smile:
Heheheheh. Habitual.

Bear swearing is just a joke, right?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Beaker said:
Over here we had a show called Rainbow which apparently shot on an episode backstage full of sexual innundo. That was a kids show, but it was never aired cos they were just messing round. I think that's all this Bear thing will have been

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, Tutter, I didn't know you were from the Uk.

__

Interprited:

Britishishnessness swells een der heartiloads of the Britishish.