Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Good to here "Hey a Movie" playing in at hte end - but it makes you realise how much times have changed

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I checked it out. Actually, I can't believe it wasn't Dave and Steve as Waldorf and Statler there. I thought it sounded like them. I thought Pepe sounded a little different, but I guess it was still Bill. I guess only the Muppateers would know for sure.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I think it's all fabulous! Statler and Waldorf are two of my favourite characters and it's just awesome! Although now all I can imagine is Statler and Paris Hilton!! I think the best bit is

Statler: And Rachel Weiss plays the cop who is dragged into the affair after her sister dies
Waldorf: Do ho ho ho ho ho-- wait that's not funny at all!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
well...

It was cool seeing a new Muppets segment, as always. :boo: :sleep: Statler and Waldorf were there and it was cool to see :rolleyes: Pepe too. However, I didn't care for the foul language and the sexual innuendos. That was just wrong. It's not adult or mature to talk that way. Any kid can do that, but it doesn't make it right. Anyway, I realize the Muppets still had some perversity snuck through even on The Muppet Show, but generally they have always had good clean humor and I'd hope that they would stay that way.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I liked it, but the voices confused me. Sometimes I was pretty sure that Dave Goelz was doing Waldorf, but sometimes I was not sure. And Pepe didn't sound like Bill Barretta to me, but maybe that's just my ears. Not bad, but a little "unbelievable." Anyway, I like that they are getting some unusual exposure like this.

:sleep: :boo: :rolleyes:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
It was suggested by someone else on another message board (I think it was the palasides forums) that that it may have just been the audio transfer and recording that made the characters seem off. I'm not sure if this is true, but it could have just been when compressing the audio for the video files it distorted the voices. If ound when listening to the video in both the low and the high formats the sound was differant, but still not enough to convince me that it was still Steve, Dave, and Bill. I e-mailed the movies.com customer service asking for the "credits" for the web-show, no responce yet.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
"Next week, we'll be reviewing 'Sahara'...or, an excuse for 2 hours of looking at Penelope Cruz." :smile:

I can't wait to see more...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cool!!

I like the voices and the performances, I also don't recall so much dialogue for S&W ever before now. This is super cool!

Way to go, Disney! MORE! MORE!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sounded wrong, bad puppetry (what's with the jutty-chin on Waldorf?), way overly-overt sexual inuendo, (I mean, whoah!), why did Stad and Wal keep laughin gat things that wern't funny even when it wasn't funn that they were laughing at things that wern't funny, Whoever the writer is of this stuff is seriously 'off' in the world of the Muppets.

Just my thoughts.

Feel free to dissagree.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
It sounded like Bruce Lanoil was playing Pepe. And I'm pretty sure that Dave didn't perform Waldorf (who kept using his right arm, so the puppeteer might've been left-handed).