Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

P

Philip Kippel

Chilly Down said:
Well, I guess you didn't miss it if you didn't even know it was gone! :wink:

I miss having new Muppet product to look at. But not FtB specifically, or as I like to call it, Disney's Cheap Cynical Knockoff Starring Two Unidentifiable Old Guys!

Hopefully something will come of this TV pilot...
HEY! Don't you be dissin' Disney or the Muppets!:mad:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It was the extra NEW characters that FtB was using which bugged me. Ted Thomas was funny, though too much of him will ruin the fun.

I liked seeing classic characters on there better than new characters.

I hope the pilot that's been filmed will open the doors to new and better things.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
For how much are you selling? And is there any chance you might get more?
I don't sell, I only trade.

I only have those first 11 episodes I am afraid.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
HEY! Don't you be dissin' Disney or the Muppets!:mad:
I'm not saying anything new here. Read the rest of this thread. A lot of people don't like From the Balcony because Disney booted Statler and Waldorf's regular puppeteers out of their jobs.

I'm not knocking the Muppets or Statler and Waldorf. I'm knocking Disney for not caring about the Muppets or their performers.

MWoO

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
It was the extra NEW characters that FtB was using which bugged me. Ted Thomas was funny, though too much of him will ruin the fun.

I liked seeing classic characters on there better than new characters.

I hope the pilot that's been filmed will open the doors to new and better things.
I liked the teamsters they had. The rats were ok too. A lot of the new charatcers weren't so great though. But usually the really annoyingo nes didn't get used again.

Honestly, I liked S7W more on FtB than in recent years. Dave is great, butj ust not as Waldorf. Steve does a good voice for Waldorf, but I didn't like his performance either. While I don'tl ike the regulars being kicked off the production, I did like the ones who took over. I mean, it's not like they took the guys original characters away. Waldorf changed hands from Jim Henson to Dave, to Kevin once in awhile, then back to Dave. Statler went from Richard to JErry to Steve. I think once you get past the 1st hand off it's not as nbig a deal.

P

Philip Kippel

Chilly Down said:
I'm not saying anything new here. Read the rest of this thread. A lot of people don't like From the Balcony because Disney booted Statler and Waldorf's regular puppeteers out of their jobs.

I'm not knocking the Muppets or Statler and Waldorf. I'm knocking Disney for not caring about the Muppets or their performers.
Well, DON'T KNOCK DISNEY EITHER!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

It's too bad Phillip Chapman almost never reads these boards anymore. If he did, I bet he'd enforce stricter rules against Disney-bashing right about now.

Phillip Chapman, where are yooooooooooouuuuuuuu....... :cry:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, despite how negative they may get (just as long as you don't cuss).