Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Don't forget about the whole Muppets Ahoy! show--with Victor and Drew on that cruise the From The Balcony segments may be hindered.

Of course, with Vic & Drew working a different kind of show, I can't see why not to bring back Steve and Dave. However, I had heard other people performing the characters when I was in Los Angeles and I'm game if they could step up.

Still, Jim Henson thought enough of his puppeteers to hire them and I don't want to see their jobs gone--I dunno. I want to see some new shows and the characters in their peak performances again. The closest by far has been the VMX film on NBC a few years back and I'm afraid Diz is going to stick The Muppets with a stereotype that they are only good for Holiday shows and films, or parodies of other stories.

I want to see The Muppets doing what they do best--being themselves!!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
There's irony for you--FtB may have stopped because the puppeteers were busy with other projects...even though they're not the official performers anyway!

I agree, Kev: though it had its faults, VMC is the most satisfying of the recent projects. It had a very "classic Muppet" feel to it (parts of it, anyway). I would put Weezer's "Gone Fishin'" in the same category. Even though Weezer didn't like it themselves, I thought it was good for a Muppet production.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've never seen the Weezer video correctly. I need to search it out when I'm at work and can use a good computer.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hey Kev! Check out my favorite videos on my MySpace. I've got it saved in there. It's pretty neat! Though I didn't know that Weezer wasn't happy with it, that's wierd!

:smile:
Anthony

Beauregard

Reaction score
Chilly Down said:
Even though Weezer didn't like it themselves, I thought it was good for a Muppet production.
Where did you hear that Weezer didn't like it? And if so, why did they do it? Any ideas?

MWoO

Reaction score
Aww, I was hoping a new post meant they were back with new episodes. Oh well.

Beauregard

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Aww, I was hoping a new post meant they were back with new episodes. Oh well.
Me too actually...although I missed a whole bunch of the last episodes...