Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I loved it! The Muppets Gone Wildlife was hilarious! Back to the basics they've gone with making the inuendoes like the good ol' days of Muppetdom!!

Ted Thomas was cracking me up with his behavior and his egotism. I was happy to see Spamela come onto the screen, too. Of course, who wouldn't be? HA HA HA HA!!

One of the better episodes.
I am going to totally agree with you here!

And, guys, I think they cut the cameo appearences down because so many people complained about vocies all the time!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
And, guys, I think they cut the cameo appearences down because so many people complained about vocies all the time!
Could be. I considered what I was doing more a constructive criticism, though. As well as, if I were doing the job, I would expect it. The Muppet fans know the Muppets very well, so we know what things look like and sound like most of the time...that is when we can get away from what we "THINK" things should look and sound like.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Too true, too true.

Hey, that sounded rather like Dr Teeth actually...

Anyhow, back on topic, if they read this thread often I know I would be afraid of trying my hand at any of the old voices, let alone the more loved ones, but I won't deny that I should like to see people. Even if it's only folk like George the Janitor, Mildred, Hilda, Annie Sue Pig. If they are bringing in new character, why not recreat old ones?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you mean, but, I do wonder who the new performer is who did the Flower-Delivery man, and Spamela.

P

Philip Kippel

Beauregard said:
Not sure exactly what you mean, but, I do wonder who the new performer is who did the Flower-Delivery man, and Spamela.
According to the Muppet Wiki, the flower delivery man was performed by Allan Trautman and Spamela was performed by Julianne Buescher.

P

Philip Kippel

Hmmm...I wonder why S & W don't actually watch trailers for upcoming films on their show anymore...

Maybe the other studios got sick and tired of S & W constantly saying bad things about their movies.:big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, once in a while they said something they liked about the movie trailer. Just not very often, or very much good.

P

Philip Kippel

Fozzie Bear said:
Well, once in a while they said something they liked about the movie trailer. Just not very often, or very much good.
I know that. I was just referring to their overall reactions to the majority of the films that they previewed.

I was also trying to be funny and serious at the same time.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
I was also trying to be funny and serious at the same time.
Me, too, but I think I failed on the "funny" part. :embarrassed:

travellingpat

Reaction score
For some reason, movies.com video player is down everywhere i try it, grrrr, must be my bad luck