Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

MWoO

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I think they have to be doing reviews with clips or I do not see Movies.com keeping them. There is no real point otherwise.
Well they are ow selling comercials for the show so maybe they are just usingi t as a show to make money off of now.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
S & W in the news!

Statler & Waldorf, the Muppets' Curmudgeonly Critics, Offer Their Guide to Classic Holiday Movies!

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 14, 2005--Statler & Waldorf (pictured), the beloved Muppet critics on Movies.com, are at it again with a holiday movie list and unique critiques of favorite holiday classics guaranteed to make Santa fall off his sleigh! The witty, crotchety duo bring a dose of holiday cheer on a special episode of "Statler & Waldorf - From the Balcony" available on Movies.com, a leading Web site for movie fans.

The holiday movie guide includes:

-- The classic story of George Bailey in "It's A Wonderful Life," which led Statler to wonder what the world would have been like if they had never been born.

-- The hilarious 80's film "A Christmas Story," which Statler reviews as, "any movie where a kid gets his tongue stuck on a telephone pole is aces with me."

-- Tim Allen's family hit "The Santa Clause"

-- Jim Carrey in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," and

-- The side-splitting antics of Billy Bob Thornton in "Bad Santa," described by Statler to Waldorf as "the next best thing to goin' to your house for the holidays."

Statler & Waldorf team up on Movies.com for a bi-weekly online program that offers site visitors exclusive access to the cranky pair's film reviews of upcoming releases at the box office. "Statler & Waldorf - From the Balcony" can be seen at www.movies.com/balcony.

Source: http://home.businesswire.com/portal...d=news_view&newsId=20051214005696&newsLang=en

NOTE: On the website above there is a small picture of S&W with the Balcony decorated for X-mas.

rexcrk

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Statler & Waldorf, the Muppets' Curmudgeonly Critics, Offer Their Guide to Classic Holiday Movies!

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 14, 2005--Statler & Waldorf (pictured), the beloved Muppet critics on Movies.com, are at it again with a holiday movie list and unique critiques of favorite holiday classics guaranteed to make Santa fall off his sleigh! The witty, crotchety duo bring a dose of holiday cheer on a special episode of "Statler & Waldorf - From the Balcony" available on Movies.com, a leading Web site for movie fans.

The holiday movie guide includes:

-- The classic story of George Bailey in "It's A Wonderful Life," which led Statler to wonder what the world would have been like if they had never been born.

-- The hilarious 80's film "A Christmas Story," which Statler reviews as, "any movie where a kid gets his tongue stuck on a telephone pole is aces with me."

-- Tim Allen's family hit "The Santa Clause"

-- Jim Carrey in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," and

-- The side-splitting antics of Billy Bob Thornton in "Bad Santa," described by Statler to Waldorf as "the next best thing to goin' to your house for the holidays."

Statler & Waldorf team up on Movies.com for a bi-weekly online program that offers site visitors exclusive access to the cranky pair's film reviews of upcoming releases at the box office. "Statler & Waldorf - From the Balcony" can be seen at www.movies.com/balcony.

Source: http://home.businesswire.com/portal...d=news_view&newsId=20051214005696&newsLang=en

NOTE: On the website above there is a small picture of S&W with the Balcony decorated for X-mas.
Is that supposed to be an actual episode? I'm not seein' it.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Even though the article does not mention it, hopefully it will be the next one posted, supposedly Dec. 24.

Actually the 24th is kind of late in the season to review X-mas movies.

I guess that reporter got an advance screening.

MWoO

Reaction score
the episode came out this past saturday and is up there. the next one is the 24th, 2 weeks after the last new one, as usual

Beauregard

Reaction score
Updated just this second!

It's really really quite good. This time. And two new characters. Cool.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, well, Statler finally sounded spot on to me, and it sounds like a totally new person on Waldorf now.

It was a nice change where From the Balcony got away from the trailers just that last episode, but not seeing something that's up to date trailers for the two old men to rag on kind of isn't the same. I also am not totally in love with the nameless characters. Bring in Sam, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Animal, Bobo Bear...bring 'em back.

Still good, but I miss the earlier episodes.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Bring in Sam, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Animal, Bobo Bear...bring 'em back.
I agree -- as long as the characters have the proper puppeteers, and are not needlessly recast just for the sake of convince.