Statler & Waldorf on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon TONIGHT (3/20/09)

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Statler and Waldorf will be making a special surprise appearance on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight! (Friday March 20, 2009). The Muppet duo will be in the audience heckling Jimmy and his guest Jason Segel.

Be sure to check it out tonight! :sleep: :boo:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm watching it right now, after seeing promos from watching the Jay Leno show tonight.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow I almost missewd this! wow we may get some new info on the movie! and Jason with the Muppets we can see how they will do! He said something how he wanted something like Muppets take Manhatan! Hummm and that it really meant a lot to him. Muppets take Manhaten will always be the one muppet movie that will always be near and dear to my heart.

Ok well it looks like they have givein Waldorf more wrinkles around the mouth, looked kind of strange. Wow they where really on fire though, and I think they worked well with Jason.
I also thought it was funny how Stalar & Waldorf just totlay intupted everything that was going on.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I thought it was a great appearance - Statler and Waldorf were on fire! And for those wondering, yes it was Steve Whitmire and Dave Goelz puppeteering the duo. Plus Jason Segel and Jimmy talked about their Muppet love and Segel's work on his Muppet screenplay.

I hope Jimmy can get more Muppets on his show in the future - I hear they love him over at Sesame Street.

NBC posts full episodes of Late Night (plus clips of various comedy bits) online at NBC.com and on Hulu.com - so the appearance should be online soon enough.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would love to see some muppets from Sesmae on Late nigh, I would also love to see Kemit or wow even the EM rock it out with the roots.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Let Late Night Know!

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon is still a very young show - with only 3 weeks under their belt. The producers are still trying to find their audience and learn what their viewers likes and responds to - plus they are very open about connecting and interacting with their audience online... so be sure to let them know that you liked seeing Statler & Waldorf on the show and that you would love to see more Muppets on Late Night. Here are some ways to contact them...

LateNightWithJimmyFallon.com
NBC.com
Facebook
MySpace
Twitter

Tell them you'd like to see Jimmy hang out with more Muppets!

Also, if you watched the show till the very end (right after the closing credits) Statler and Waldorf appeared again with one last joke (just like they would do on The Muppet Show)...classic!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, Greg. I watched it and taped it. You should have watched throgh the end. They did an ending comment:Statler:"Is the show over?" Waldorf:"It was over when it started." (They laugh). Waldorf:Bring the car aruond. Statler:Okay. It's nice to know that Steve and Dave know about the new Muppet movie.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Gah I don't have any of those social networking things, so I can't really tell them that I want to see more. I'm just going to try and see the first one online somehow; it sounds like it was really funny!