SST Fan Fic: The Search for Bert

Beauregard

Reaction score
I like these commentries. They are great, but I fear my story is too long for a commentry, so you may have to go without!!!

One minor point, it was Doc they said abot the Small Talk too, but it was cool anyway.

Beau

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I like these commentries. They are great, but I fear my story is too long for a commentry, so you may have to go without!!!

One minor point, it was Doc they said abot the Small Talk too, but it was cool anyway.

Beau
You're right, it was Doc! I was trying to remember who they were talking to at that point in time, but I didn't have a copy of the movie to watch. Anyway, thanks for that, cause I really couldn't remember! :smile: More commentary coming soon, followed by a couple of deleted scenes, possible making of and then (drum roll) a preview of my next story!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Eight (with commentary):

Karen checked back at Al’s trailer to see if he was asleep. When she found that she was, she ran back to the tent to give Bert the all clear.

“I have a question for all of you,” said Bert. Everyone was glaring at him for dragging them out of bed and he started to lose his nerve, but Karen smiled at him and he kept going. He talked about how he was forced into the circus and how much he wanted to go home. Then with her permission, he told Karen’s sad story. To his surprise, one by one different people started telling stories too. No one really wanted to be there.
Commentary: Bert would tell his whole story, but probably summarize Karen's story so that the movie didn't get repetitive. -end commentary

“Let’s run away! If we go while Al’s asleep we can get out of here safely!” said Bert.

Everyone started chatting excitedly.

“Shhh! Everyone needs to be quiet!” exclaimed Karen. Everyone quieted down and she continued “In order for this to work we have to leave our possessions behind and go on foot.”

They all agreed she was right and for most of them, it was no problem as they did not have many possessions. Bert was so happy. Hopefully he would see his friends on Sesame Street again. He just hoped that Ernie would want to see him. He figured that Ernie had found the note seeing how everyone on Sesame Street knew he was gone. But, before he went back to Sesame Street, he needed to take care of something else.

“Karen?” asked Bert running up to her.

“What is it?” she asked.

“After we get out of here we need to report Al so he gets punished for all the horrible things he’s done to everyone. Then we can get them to free James and you can be reunited,” Bert said excidedly.

“Oh Bert! You’re so sweet. I hope that it will work out that way. For now, let’s focus on getting out of here, the sun will be up soon!” said Karen.

After everyone had gathered together once more they quietly crept pass Al’s tent and quickly made there way to the dirt road. Bert wanted to stop and call Sesame Street from the gas station, but he knew they needed to get away fast and also knew no one would be at Hooper’s Store. As they walked, they passed a sign that said “Plantersville, 10 miles.”
Commentary: There would be a song here, but as I said earlier, I'm not good at writing them. It would talk about sneaking away or something...-end commentary

Meanwhile the Count kept on driving and passed a similar sign that said “Plantersville, 30 miles.”

“Olivia, Grover! Vake up! Ve are almost to Plantersville! 30 miles to go! And I can count them all!” exclaimed the Count.

“Oh brother,” said Grover as Olivia rolled her eyes. At least they would be there soon.

Oscar woke up and decided to keep driving while Maria and Big Bird slept. He didn’t want to admit it, but Maria was right, it was partly his fault that Bert was gone and he secretly wanted to be the first to find him. He passed a sign that said “Plantersville 15 miles.”

“Hmm, I hope the pigeon lover has made it to Plantersville by now,” Oscar muttered to himself.

The only search group not near Plantersville was Gordon’s. They woke up and had some breakfast and then continued down highway 61.

“Gordon! Look ‘Gas and Eats’!” exclaimed Ernie.
“Eats!!!” said Cookie Monster.

Commentary: All of the above dialogue would maybe be incorporated into the song OR come in at the tail end over the music ending with Gordon's car pulling up to Gas and Eats. I also never explained where Gas and Eats came from. I find that to be the name of gas stations in most movies, so it wasn't much of a stretch. -end commentary

Sure enough, Gas and Eats was on the left side of the road. Across the street was a dirt road that led up to some tents.

“No Eats right now Cookie! I think we’ve found Bert!” said Gordon as he turned onto the dirt road. He stopped the car and the three of them got out and walked around a bit.

“Um, Gordon? There doesn’t appear to be anyone here,” said Ernie.

“You’re right,” said Gordon.

They continued checking various tents and wandering around when all of a sudden someone came from behind them booming “Who goes there? What are you doing here? Did you kidnap my circus workers?" Commentary: We'd see them wander around and then a shadow come up behind them and then...another cliffhanger! -end commentary

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Nine (with commentary):

Commentary: This chapter officially marked the end of my writer's block. I realized I went about two weeks without updating this thing, and it's because I just didn't know where it was going. I knew the big action/showdown scene was coming and I was having trouble getting it on paper. I must say though, when I hit this chapter, I couldn't STOP writing! -end commentary

Bert and the other circus people were getting tired walking down the road. Finally they started seeing signs of a town. They were entering Plantersville.

“Look everyone we made it!” exclaimed Bert.

Everyone began talking at once about what they should do next and where they should go. In the midst of all this Bert saw a familiar purple and black car parked outside a small café.

“Could it be?” he thought and turned away from the group walking towards the café.

“Bert? Where are you going?” asked Karen.

He didn’t answer and opened the door to the café where he saw the Count, Olivia and Grover sitting at a table eating pancakes.

“Bert!!!!” exclaimed Grover.

“Oh Bert! We’re so happy to see you!” said Olivia jumping up and giving Bert a hug.

“That’s one, one missing person found!” said the Count. Commentary: I loved writing lines for the Count. He's pretty easy to write for, but still cracks you up! -end commentary

“Oh I’m so happy to see you guys! How did you know I’d end up here?” asked Bert.

Olivia explained that after Bert called Hooper’s Store they mapped out a plan that would hopefully lead one of the groups to him and that they chose Plantersville as a homebase. During this time Karen and the other circus folk piled into the café.

“Olivia, Count, Grover I’d like you to meet my new friends,” said Bert introducing everyone. He started explaining how they broke away when all of a sudden the door opened and in walked Oscar, Big Bird and Maria.

“Oh man, they already found him,” mumbled Oscar.

“Bert! Oh we’re so glad you’re ok!” said Maria as she too gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek.

“Blech!” said Oscar.

More introductions were made and Bert started telling the story of how they broke away from the circus and how they wanted to get the police to arrest Al. He finished the story with help from Karen and the others and then asked something that had been on his mind since discovering the Sesame Street gang.

“Did Ernie stay back at Sesame Street?” asked Bert.

“No! He’s with Gordon and Cookie Monster looking for you!” said Olivia.

“He’s been really worried about you,” said Maria.

“So he doesn’t hate me?” asked Bert.

They all turned and glared at Oscar.

“All right, all right. I gave him the idea to yell at you. I like fights, they’re really rotten. But it was rotten of me to do because you guys are friends and I tried to destroy that. So, I’m sorry,” said Oscar giving into the pressure.
Commentary: One thing about Oscar, he usually does admit when he's been wrong, and I think that is extremely important to his character. It makes him seem more, I don't know, real -end commentary

“I wonder where Gordon is right now? I thought they would’ve gotten here first,” said Olivia.

“Well, I’m going to call Sesame Street and tell them we’ve got Bert back!” said Maria walking over to a pay phone.

“I’m going to go to the police station here in town and see what we can do about getting them to arrest Al,” said Karen.

“We can tell them how we got here and hopefully they’ll find him,” said one of the Acrobats.

Meanwhile back at the circus Gordon, Ernie and Cookie turned around to see Al facing them.

“We didn’t do anything to your circus workers. What did you do to them?” asked Gordon.

“You’re lying! They’re all gone! They’re not here and you must know where they are!” growled Al.

“We came here to find my friend Bert and take him home. He didn’t know what he was doing when he signed up with you. Just tell us where he is and we’ll get out of your way,” said Ernie. Commentary: Ernie is not normally so assertive, but he's been through alot at this point and just wants his friend back -end commentary

“Ernie, be careful,” cautioned Gordon.

“I told you, NO ONE IS HERE! I have no circus left!” boomed Al.

“Well then, we’ll just be on our way,” said Ernie.

“Me go with him,” said Cookie.

“Hold it! You trespass on my property, you become my property. You’re not going anywhere!” said Al lunging after them.

“Now hold on here isn’t there something we can work out?” said Gordon.

It was too late, Al threw a net over them and drug them over to a trailer. He hooked the trailer to his car, got in and started to drive away.

“Gordon? I’m kind of scared now,” said Ernie.

“Me too” said Cookie Monster.

“Don’t worry guys, we’ll get out of here somehow. I just wish I could see which way we’re going and what road we're on,” said Gordon.

Cookie started chewing nervously on his furry hand while Ernie started humming Rubber Ducky, like he always did when he was nervous. Commentary: Yeah, I remember when Ernie and Bert were in the Egyptian pyramid and the Mummy Ernie started moving, so Ernie started to sing Rubber Ducky, so I threw that in here. I wasn't sure how Cookie would react, so I figured, he'd probably eat, but since there was nothing to eat, he'd nibble on his hand. Gordon would be the calm one. -end commentary

In Plantersville, Karen, Bert and Olivia went to the police station. They told the police everything, including the fact that James was in jail for no reason. It was hard for Karen to tell everything, but she did because she knew it would help them out. Commentary: Once again, in the movie, to keep things from getting too repetitive, the scene would cut back just as Karen was finishing the story. -end commentary

“I don’t even know what jail he’s in or what town!" she exclaimed.

“What did you say his name was Miss?” asked the Officer.

“James Markson,” she replied.

“Come with me,” said the Officer and led her back to the small jail. In one of the cells was a young man with sandy blonde hair and ratty clothes.

“James!!” exclaimed Karen.

“Karen? What are you doing here? How did you get here?” asked James. Commentary: I don't know who would play James in the movie. I added this part to get some happiness going before the climax of the story. -end commentary

The two of them began talking a mile a minute while the Officer went back to ask Bert and Olivia some more questions.

“So you all walked south down Highway 61?” asked the Officer.

“Yes we did,” said Bert.

“Oh no!” exclaimed Olivia.

“What’s wrong Miss?” asked the Officer.

“Highway 61 was the route that my brother’s search crew was taking. They may have stumbled onto the circus before they got this far and went there looking for Bert!” said Olivia.

“They could be in danger!” said Bert.

“I’m afraid you could be right,” said the Officer. He went to confer this information with another officer and then came back to tell them that they would immediately head north on 61.

“We’d had officers patrolling the area but we just couldn’t close in on him,” said the Officer.

“Please let me go with. My best friend is out there!” begged Bert forgetting all about Karen and everyone else.

“I think that would be all right,” said the Officer, “just stay out of the way.”

“I will!” said Bert.

Olivia went back to the café to tell everyone what was happening while Karen continued being reunited with James.

“I hope we get there in time!” said Bert.

Meanwhile Al was also driving north on Highway 61, but in his anger didn’t realize he was retracing his path from before and soon would find himself in a familiar place he’d been before. Commentary: A little foreshadowing going on here, I'm sure you could figure out where he was heading. -end commentary

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yes, that darned foreshadowing stuff that keeps popping up...
Love the commentary, Beth, Love the commentary!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Ten (with commentary):

Commentary: This is quite possibly my favorite chapter in the entire story. EVERYTHING happens in this chapter, and it is quite long, but everything happens in this chapter. I was so excited while I was writing it, I kept jumping up and down away from my computer. My fiance thought I was nuts, but he often does, so that's not too unusual! -end commentary

The police officer drove furiously up highway 61. Soon he approached Gas and Eats.

“We were set up over on the left off of the dirt road!” exclaimed Bert.

They turned onto the dirt road and sure enough, all the tents and equipment were set up as they were when they left. Over on the side was a yellow Volkswagen beetle. The one thing missing was the large trailer and Al’s car. Bert immediately recognized Gordon’s car.

“Ernie! Gordon! I’m right here, let’s get out of here!” exclaimed Bert running over to the car.

The two officers got out of the car and started looking around the site.

“Looks like it’s been abandoned,” one of them said.

“Well, Al’s car is gone and so is the big trailer. But that’s my friend’s car! Where are my friends?” exclaimed Bert.

“Calm down little fella. We’ll try and gather some clues,” said the other officer.

It was now early evening and the sun was going down. Al kept driving quickly and soon passed a green sign with white letters. He pulled up outside of a store with black and yellow checks on the outside. Commentary: Of course, he didn't look up to see what the green sign said -end commentary

“I’m gonna stop here and get some grub,” he muttered and got out of the car. He knew he had been to this place before, not that long ago, but it looked different in the dusk of early evening. Was this the place he picked up that obnoxious yellow guy? He couldn’t remember but walked into the store.

“Welcome to Hooper’s Store, what can I get you?” asked David. Sure enough, Al had driven himself right up the same path back to Sesame Street.

Out in the trailer Gordon finally worked the net off of himself, Ernie and Cookie Monster.

“That’s much better, now I can look out the window and see if I can get us out of here,” said Gordon. He stood up and walked over to the window and pushed it open. It only opened a crack.

“What you see Gordon?” asked Cookie Monster. Commentary: I love Cookie Monster, he is quite possibly my favorite Muppet, but I can't tell you how hard it was to write him into this story!!! So he gets some really dumb one liners here and there, but at least he's here. -end commentary

“I see a Fix It Shop and Hooper’s Store and…wait a minute! We’re back on Sesame Street!” said Gordon.

“What? How did we get here so fast?” asked Ernie.

“Well, we’ve probably been driving all day,” said Gordon.

“We get help now!” said Cookie excitedly.

“If only someone would walk by!” said Gordon.

As if on cue, a furry red monster was walking down the street with an ice cream cone.
Commentary: I did not want to do this. I can't tell you how much I wanted to NOT do this, after all, this story is supposed to take place before HIM, but honestly, this moment just came to me and was too good to pass up. I'll explain more momentarily. -end commentary

“Hey, it’s Elmo!” said Gordon.

“Oh no, not Elmo, he’s too little to help us,” said Ernie.

“Hang on, it might be our only hope,” said Gordon. “Hey, Elmo!” he whispered loudly.

“What? Who is that? Elmo isn’t allowed to talk to strangers,” said Elmo. Commentary: Ok, now I can explain more, I threw this in for HUMOR. I saw this scene playing out in my head and it was just hiliarious! I could not stop laughing because this whole thing is just so ELMO! -end commentary

“I’m not a stranger Elmo! It’s me Gordon. Over here in the big trailer!” said Gordon.

“Oh Gordon! Elmo’s so happy to see you! Did Gordon find Bert? Where is he?” rambled Elmo at a mile a minute. Commentary: Typical Elmo! Does he notice that Gordon's locked up in a trailer? No, he's just too into himself! -end commentary

“Elmo, be quiet a second! We didn’t find Bert yet, but we found the circus guy and he locked us up in here and then drove all day back here to Sesame Street. Now listen VERY carefully. I need you to find an adult to help us get out of here. Go find Bob or David or Susan ok?” explained Gordon.

“Ok! Elmo can do that! Elmo’s so happy to help you!” exclaimed Elmo.

“Elmo! You have to be quiet though, the bad guy is in Hooper’s Store right now!” said Gordon!

“Ok Gordon!” said Elmo and ran off to find an adult. He was gone only a minute or two and came back with a couple of adults, Bob, Susan and Luis. Commentary: What do you know, he didn't screw it up! -end commentary

“Honey! Are you all right?” asked Susan holding Miles.

“We’re fine, it’s a long story, but we’ve got to get out of here before Al gets done at Hooper’s Store!” exclaimed Gordon.

“I’ve got some tools at the Fix It Shop, I’ll be right back!” said Luis.

“We’ve got to stall Al at Hooper’s Store!” said Bob, “Someone has to go tell David to stall!”

“Who could do it discreetly?” asked Susan.

“I know!” said Bob and ran off to find Linda. She could sign to David what was going on. They had to work fast. Al would finish his supper quickly and David would try to close up the store if they didn’t get back in time.
Commentary: I loved Linda when she was on SS and this seemed like a perfect opportunity to bring her in, use her in a good way, teach children something (yes, we're still doing that folks it is Sesame Street!) and let David what was going on in the most discreet way possible! -end commentary

Linda came running into Hooper’s Store.

“Hi Linda, we’re closing soon” signed David.

“Wait!” signed Linda and then did her best to explain the situation. Al was almost finished with a milkshake and sandwich. Linda pointed outside and David walked over by the window. He finally understood what was going on and gave her a thumbs up.

“So, tell me sir, what is it that you do? What brings you here?” asked David attempting to stall.

Linda ran out to tell Bob that David was stalling. Luis started working on the lock and Susan took Miles back to the apartment to call the police to come arrest Al. At this point, they were most concerned with getting Gordon, Ernie and Cookie safely out of the van.

Bob realized that the three of them probably hadn’t heard the news yet that Bert was safe in Plantersville with everyone else. Olivia had called in the early afternoon with the news and they were all waiting for Bert and the officer to come back to Plantersville with Gordon, Cookie and Ernie so they could all go home. So, this meant that everyone else didn’t know that the three of them had been kidnapped either.
Commentary: Ok, so the above paragraph might seem a little confusing, but was a point in the movie where the story would need to get caught up. Ernie needed to know that Bert was found and Bert needed to know that Ernie was found. In a way, the situation had reversed itself. -end commentary

“Hey Ernie, I almost forgot to tell you, Bert is safe with everyone else in Plantersville. The whole entire circus crew ran away last night,” said Bob.

“He’s ok? He got away?” asked Ernie anxiously.

“Yes, but I don’t think he knows that you’re the one in danger now,” said Bob.

Luis continued to furiously work with the lock. “It’s just not breaking open!” he said.

Back at Hooper’s Store, Al was getting up to leave.

“Wait! You didn’t buy any soap! You must be um… dirty after driving all day,” stuttered David.

“Are you saying I stink?” asked Al.

“Noooo, not at all, I just thought you’d want to freshen up a little,” said David nervously while keeping an eye out the window. “Hurry up Luis!” he thought.
Commentary: This whole scene really goes back and forth between David and Al, with David trying his best to stall and Luis desparately trying to get the lock open. There may even be a flash back to Plantersville, showing everyone else pacing waiting for some news. Look for that in Deleted Scenes! -end commentary

“Ok, just a little more,” said Luis.

“Oh, me so hungry,” said Cookie Monster.

“Not now Cookie!” said Gordon.

“Well, I don’t need any soap, I’ll be going now!” boomed Al and started out the door.

“Wait! No!” yelled David and started running after him, but it was too late.

“Hey! Get away from my trailer! What do you think you’re doing?” yelled Al when he saw what was going on in front of him.

“We’re trying to rescue our friends!” said Bob.

“Oh no you don’t, I’ll put every single one of you in there with them!” screamed Al and lunged at Bob.

Not another cliffhanger! Will Al kidnap everyone else too? Will Bert and Ernie ever be reunited? Guess what, you'll find out tomorrow. The final chapter is finished, but I'm going to make you wait. *evil laugh* Whatever will you do until then? Oh well, enjoy!
Commentary: Gotta love those cliffhangers!!! -end commentary

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Eleven (with commentary):

Just as Al was lunging for Bob another hand lunged at him.

“Not so fast buddy. It’s over now,” said a police officer.
Commentary: YEAAAAA!!!!!! -end commentary

“Amazing Al. Crazy Charlie. Incredible Ian. We’ve been after you for quite some time,” said another officer as they began to put Al in handcuffs.

“No, you’ve got it all wrong! That’s not me! I didn’t do anything wrong!” fought Al.

“Tell it to the judge” said the first Officer as he began to read him the Miranda rights.

Susan came up behind the other officer and David came out of the store. The other officer helped Luis with the last of the lock on the trailer and it finally opened up. Gordon, Ernie and Cookie all jumped out and began hugging everyone, even Elmo.

“I’m so glad you’re all right!” said Susan.

“What about everyone else? Where’s Bert?” asked Ernie.

The two officers who had been with Bert decided to drive him back to Plantersville while they checked on some possibilities of where Al could’ve gone. Bert was so upset he was almost crying. They were just pulling into town when they got a message over the police scanner.

“Arrest has been made in case of Amazing Al’s circus. Hostage situation but they have been freed. Sesame Street in New York City.” said the police scanner.

“Sesame Street? That’s my home!” exclaimed Bert.

They got out of the car and went into the station where everyone was waiting for them.

“Did you find them?” asked Olivia

“No, but they made it to Sesame Street!” said Bert.

“Are they ok?” asked Maria.

“We don’t know that yet miss. We know they were being held hostage and are now free. We’ll call the Sesame Street police and get some more information,” said the one of the officers.

“Just sit tight,” said the other officer.

“Gosh, I hope he didn’t hurt them,” said Big Bird.

“I hope so too,” said Bert looking very worried. This was all his fault. If he hadn’t run away they wouldn’t have gone looking for him and they would be safe right now.

“I’ll give you hug, you look like you need one,” said Grover. Commentary: This is just so Grover -end commentary

“Ok, thanks,” said Bert as he allowed the furry monster to hug him. Even Oscar looked concerned.

At this point, all of the other circus folk had moved on to start their lives over. Everyone, that is except for one special friend.

“Karen!” exclaimed Bert as she entered the room.

“I’ve got great news! Since they’ve arrested Al, they’ve found a ton of information about him including how he framed James. They’re letting him go!” exclaimed Karen.

“Karen, that’s great!” said Bert, but sounded rather sad.

“Are you worried about your friends? I’m sure they’re ok and in another day you’ll be back home with them,” said Karen.

“You’re probably right,” said Bert.

Suddenly one of the officers came back. Everyone looked up at him anxiously.

“Good news, your friends are safe and sound! The charges have been dropped against James Markson. Al, whose real name is Monty Williams has been arrested without bail and will be going to court. Some of you may need to be witnesses, but there’s no doubt in this case that he’ll be going to jail. So, you can all go back home to Sesame Street now!” said the Officer.

Everyone started cheering and jumping up and down, even Oscar.

“That’s three, three safe people, Ah, Ah, Ah!” counted the Count as thunder and lightening erupted around them.

The officer looked confused.

“Don’t worry, this is normal where we come from,” said Maria.
Commentary: I loved this line! -end commentary

Everyone started heading back out to their respective cars. Bert decided to go back with the Count’s group.

“You guys go ahead, I’ll be right there,” said Bert as he walked back to say goodbye to Karen.

“I don’t know how to thank you, you did so much for me,” said Bert softly.

“What? No, I’m sorry, but it was you who did so much for me. You made this all happen Bert. I should be thanking you,” said Karen.

“We did it together,” said Bert.

“Cooperation!” exclaimed Karen. Commenatary: Cooperation, makes it happen, cooperation, working together! -end commentary

“I don’t want to say goodbye,” said Bert.

“Me either. But I’ll come and visit you sometime. Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?” said Karen. Commentary: I couldn't resist -end commentary

Bert started laughing.

“What? I don’t get it,” said Karen.

“Never mind,” said Bert. They hugged and Bert did tell her how to get to Sesame Street and then headed back to Sesame Street himself.

One day later a huge group was gathering at Hooper’s Store to welcome back Bert and the other search crews. Kermit the Frog was back with a news crew.

“This is Kermit T. Frog with a Sesame Street News Flash. Our very own Bert is returning back to Sesame Street today after a very long adventure. And there he is now!” reported Kermit.

The Countmobile and Sloppy Jalopy slowly pulled up on the street outside of Hooper’s Store.

Everyone began cheering and whistling.

“What a ruckus. Glad you’re ok pointed head,” said Oscar as he headed away from the crowd back to his trashcan. Commentary: Couldn't think of a better insult, so pointed head was the best I could do -end commentary

Bert got out of the car and made his way through the crowd hugging everyone including Bob, David, Susan, Linda, Luis, Prairie Dawn, Telly Monster, Snuffy, Elmo and everyone else who had stayed back at Sesame Street. Then he found Gordon and Cookie Monster and hugged them.
Commentary: Wait a minute, isn't someone missing? -end commentary

“Thank you so much Gordon,” said Bert his eyes filling with tears.

“Anytime Bert. We’re glad to have you back,” said Gordon.

Bert realized someone was missing.

“Hey, where’s Ernie?” he asked.

“Ernie couldn’t make it, he’s back at the apartment,” said Susan.

“Oh, ok,” said Bert sadly. So Ernie was still mad at him.

“Why don’t you go and see him? We’ll be here for awhile,” said Bob.

“Ok,” said Bert and slowly started walking toward 123 Sesame Street. As he walked up the familiar stairs he wondered if Ernie was now mad about being kidnapped. Maybe he would have to move out after all.

He walked down to their basement apartment and opened the door.

“Surprise! Welcome Home Bert!” exclaimed Ernie. He had decorated the apartment with streamers and balloons. A cake sat on the table. Next to the cake was a plate of oatmeal cookies. All of his favorite pigeons were sitting in the windows.

“Ernie! You don’t hate me!” exclaimed Bert.

“Nope. I could never hate you old buddy. I’m sorry I told you to leave. I just blew off a little steam,” said Ernie.

“Well, sometimes I am a little bossy. I think I had it coming for a long time,” said Bert.

“You know what Bert? Sometimes friends don’t always get along. Sometimes they even fight. I’m sure we’ll fight again sometime, but do me a favor. Next time don’t go running off to join the circus,” said Ernie.

“You’re right Ernie. We should try and talk through our problems instead of fighting about them. I’ll try harder,” said Bert.

“Ok!” said Ernie.

“Hey Ernie?” asked Bert.

“Yeah Bert?” asked Ernie.

“I really missed you. I’m so glad to be home,” said Bert.

“I missed you too. I’m glad you’re home,” said Ernie.

The two of them hugged and then sat down to eat some cake. After that they watched some t.v. and then crawled into their respective beds.

“Hey Bert, are you awake?” asked Ernie waiting for Bert’s exasperated reply.

“Yeah Ernie, I’m awake,” said Bert calmly to Ernie’s surprise.

“Oh, well I just wanted to tell you. You’re my best friend.” said Ernie.

“Well, that’s good,” said Bert. Then he was kind of quiet so Ernie figured he fell asleep. Then all of a sudden, “Hey Ernie?” asked Bert.

“Yeah Bert?” asked Ernie.

“You’re my best friend too,” said Bert.

“Oh. Good!” said Ernie.

“Good night Ernie,” said Bert.

“Good night Bert,” said Ernie.

And with that they fell fast asleep dreaming of the fun they’d have together now that everything was back to normal.

Commentary: Maybe at the end there would be a heartwarming song about friendship, or maybe it would just end like this. Either way, it's a happy ending! -end commentary

The End.

Coming next: A PREVIEW of my next fan fic, The Making of The Search for Bert and a couple of deleted scenes. Stay tuned!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
MORE EXTRAS! MORE EXTRAS! MORE EXTRAS!

Sorry, that was my inner Animal coming out... I'm better now. Can't wait for more!

Beauregard

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
MORE EXTRAS! MORE EXTRAS! MORE EXTRAS!

Sorry, that was my inner Animal coming out... I'm better now. Can't wait for more!
*scooter voice* Gee, boss, that's been happening a lot latly over there.