SS cast

mikebennidict

Reaction score
short lived cast members.

i was just thinking about some of those who were part of the cast for a short time. like Raul Julia aka Raffiel, who was on from 1970-1972, Imdb page i think lists him for 1971-1972 but seeing the SSU shows i saw him in a couple of 1970 shows. Charlotte Rae aka Molly the Mail Lady and Larry Block who seemed to have been on for only the 3rd season. and we had the 2 Gorodns that lasted less than 5 years. I wonder if any of them enjoyed there time on SS? not that I'm assuming that any if them didn't just because of their short time but it's something to wonder about.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
some of you probably know both Bob McGrath and Sonia Manzanno have their own sites. for those who don't know them http://www.bobmcgrath.com/ http://www.soniamanzano.com/ now there's a message board on Bob's site where people write in and comment on him or ask a question. but Bob never replies to any of them. i wonder why. i figure he could at least make some time to do that once in a while.
have any of you checked out his site lately? the storyboards section witch is sort of like a guestbook have all of these writing that's you'll find on yahoo groups that aren't maintained well and I emailed the site and got 1 of those system errors you often get when your email doesn't get through.

BEAR

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i was just thinking about some of those who were part of the cast for a short time. like Raul Julia aka Raffiel, who was on from 1970-1972, Imdb page i think lists him for 1971-1972 but seeing the SSU shows i saw him in a couple of 1970 shows. Charlotte Rae aka Molly the Mail Lady and Larry Block who seemed to have been on for only the 3rd season. and we had the 2 Gorodns that lasted less than 5 years. I wonder if any of them enjoyed there time on SS? not that I'm assuming that any if them didn't just because of their short time but it's something to wonder about.
That is an interesting observation, Mike. I would probably say that those that only stay for a fairly short time don't necessarily leave because they don't like it anymore, it is possible that they just want to move on and explore other artistic opportunities. They decide after the contract is up that so is their time there. People like Alaina Reed (Olivia) left to do a sitcom and now she is doing diareah relief commercials, but oh well. I am sure that if she ever wanted to go back, they would welcome her. People like Bob and Gordon and Susan stay because though they could go on and do more things, which they occassionally do (Guest spots and such on other shows) they are satisfied where they are on the street. Ruth Buzzi already had a well established career before she joined the cast. She was very well known and basically played herself on the show. She was also nominated for an Emmy for her work on Sesame Street. I don't think any other actor has had that honor before or since for playing a human character on SS. But she stayed for a few years and left. Incidentally, once she left, so did her store "Finders Keepers". They didn't really replace her at all. That may be a possibility. They reduced the set back to its original little area. No Around the Corner section. Didn't Gina leave and come back? Anyway...you get the point.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Anyway I noticed watching the old SS shows the 3 or 4 1969 episodes that Noggin aired showed Susan & Gordons kitchen. Now one probably can't assume that was common throughout the 1st season unless they saw it but I figure it was possible that the apartment appearances in the kichen were common at that time.

fairyraingirl

Reaction score
Ok someone tell me who was Petey? Some friend of mine keeps mentioning him. She says he was mexican and was a young kid who might have been in his teens.
I was wondering if he was the guy I was thinking about the other day, but i don't know what his name was. This guy may have been 13-16 years of age but I could be wrong. He also wore a bandana around his head sometimes.
I think i remember him showing Maria and a bunch of Kids how to break dance.

Anybody have any clues?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yup, that was him alright. I remember him, but I don't remember too much more about him then that, though.

fairyraingirl

Reaction score
So I guess my friend was right that his name was Petey and we were talking about the same person. I was pretty little at the time he was on the show.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I was too. And you friens was deffenetly right, haha!:smile: