Speculation: Would an Electric Mayhem show work?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kermit is the leader of the Muppets. "Muppets Tonight" didn't work well, due to the lack of Kermit, Miss Piggy and gang. Having said that, I think the Electric Mayhem are strong enough to support their own show.
That was during that strange period when JHC wasn't too comfortable with using Kermit for some reason. I don't think we really got full on Kermit until VMX, where he started acting like himself more, though when he did show up on MT for some of the subplots, it got much better. I think a general lack of certain characters was a problem, but moreover, the fact that it was on a Friday Night and "Boy Meets World" was pulling in better ratings. Plus, the show was all over the place, and only a small amount of what the show was doing worked. One off parody segments were fun and very much "pre-Scary Movie franchise Ruined Parody forever" late 90's. But the stuff with the pigs was garbage. And whatever didn't feel like a lame retread of Muppet Show skits wasn't all that great on its own when it came to the bulk of segments and songs.