Speculation: Would an Electric Mayhem show work?

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
Given how popular they are with young adult crowds, would an Electric Mayhem show work for ABC? Or will One Million Moms attack it and/or ABC abandon it after 1 season?

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
The Mayhem can totally hold their own with a tv series, the subplot in the recent series proved that. But would we get other Muppets as well?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why a Muppet Spinoff focusing on various characters wouldn't work, but you can just see the comments of "why isn't [such and such] in the show? Fail."

I, too, want to see a project move away from the Kermit/Piggy type story. Anything that can be said about Muppets From Space, it was nice to have a movie about another Muppet character besides Kermit. Let's face it, every movie aside from that and the human focused story adaption ones was about Kermit. There's so much potential for a movie/special/DTV project/TV Show (at the least likely) about another character, or group of characters. And I think it's darn well time they did more with the Electric Mayhem, especially since most of them have finally been recast. TV show, movie, DTV project...whatever. I want to see more EM focused stuff.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
A short or spin-off movie, maybe. But not a whole series. There's only so much they could do character-wise, especially considering nearly half of them don't talk proper 100% of the time.

What could work I think is what they wanted to do with that "22 Films About Springfield" Simpsons episode, where they'd do a spin-off featuring various stories about the residents of Springfield. The Muppet cast is so diverse that they could do a whole series of three 7-8 minute stories on the different characters.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I would love for The Electric Mayhem to get some kind of production, although I agree with Oscarfan, I don't think an entire TV show would work.

I've always wanted to see a road trip/adventure type movie about the band's origins.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Yeah, a mini-series on YouTube would be the best way to go. 10-15 minutes would be the perfect amount of time once a song is included. They could do an episode based on each member as well as their usual shenanigans.

Could also do spots with big names in the music industry as well.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yes it would work....with fans, the general public could care less, if they wouldn't even watch a show with Kermit the Frog, they're not going to watch something with much lesser know characters, if they were to make one I would love it, but it would obviously bomb on TV, and probably only get like 100k views per episode on Youtube, but I would still like it.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Like, I know it was discussed before that Floyd could have been a host for a Muppet TV show at some point. Heck, it's like, the only reason Clifford got a show, due to being the 'hip' one.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I don't see why a Muppet Spinoff focusing on various characters wouldn't work, but you can just see the comments of "why isn't [such and such] in the show? Fail."

I, too, want to see a project move away from the Kermit/Piggy type story. Anything that can be said about Muppets From Space, it was nice to have a movie about another Muppet character besides Kermit. Let's face it, every movie aside from that and the human focused story adaption ones was about Kermit.
Kermit is the leader of the Muppets. "Muppets Tonight" didn't work well, due to the lack of Kermit, Miss Piggy and gang. Having said that, I think the Electric Mayhem are strong enough to support their own show.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I agree people criticized Muppets tonight for lack of old characters (don't get me wrong I loved Johnny fiama and sal minela, bobo, Phil van neuter and Clifford) and it not having a the Muppet show theme