Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Alright peoples, today the Press Kit for Season 45 got unveiled: http://www.sesameworkshop.org/season45/

They officially confirmed that this season will be the 45th anniversary season for sure. So, we can only wait and hope and hope for the best that there will be some special products released for the occasion. If not, I guarantee that they'll have some special things planned for the big 50 (if the show continues to go on) in 2019!

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
If not, I guarantee that they'll have some special things planned for the big 50 (if the show continues to go on) in 2019!
Well, I think that they're going to have the 30-minute version going longer than the hour version... but, I could be wrong. But, I just don't want it to end before the big 50!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Well, I think that they're going to have the 30-minute version going longer than the hour version... but, I could be wrong. But, I just don't want it to end before the big 50!
One thing's for sure, if the show does reach its 50th anniversary, Caroll Spinney will retire after that season...well, at least that's his goal.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
One thing's for sure, if the show does reach its 50th anniversary, Caroll Spinney will retire after that season...well, at least that's his goal.
:eek: Wait, seriously? No, he can't!! He won't!!!!!!!!!! He never will... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Five years will pass by like nothing. The 40th anniversary feels like it was just yesterday.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
:eek: Wait, seriously? No, he can't!! He won't!!!!!!!!!! He never will... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Unfortunately, it's true. I don't remember where exactly I read it, but that's now his overall plan. Besides, there's always a certain point when someone feels the need to retire- nothing against Caroll!

Five years will pass by like nothing. The 40th anniversary feels like it was just yesterday.
You've got that right. To think that 10 years ago, little 4th/5th grader sesamemuppetfan was making a huge deal out of the 35th anniversary and taking it a little too seriously! But, I sure hope Sesame Workshop makes a huge effort with the 50th and other future anniversaries when those times come!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's true. I don't remember where exactly I read it, but that's now his overall plan. Besides, there's always a certain point when someone feels the need to retire- nothing against Caroll!
I know I read that the producers want him to stay on the show until season 50, and I haven't seen where he plans to retire, but it seems like a good time to do so. Big Bird would certainly be in good hands; I wonder who's been understudying for Oscar.

The press release mentions the song remakes this season ("Let's Go Driving" and "Believe in Yourself") are part of their anniversary celebration. So...there's that.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I know I read that the producers want him to stay on the show until season 50, and I haven't seen where he plans to retire, but it seems like a good time to do so. Big Bird would certainly be in good hands; I wonder who's been understudying for Oscar.

The press release mentions the song remakes this season ("Let's Go Driving" and "Believe in Yourself") are part of their anniversary celebration. So...there's that.
Regarding the Caroll factor, that's all very true. We know that Matt Vogel is gonna take over Big Bird and he's gotten some practice since at least Season 30, so that takes care of that. Oscar on the other hand...good question...I wonder that myself.

Considering it's been a while since we've gotten a remake of "Believe in Yourself", I look forward to that. The remake of "Let's Go Driving"...I do love what they just did, but I'm not too enthusiastic about it, considering the extreme amount of times it's been it's been remade these past couple decades- whether it's the full song or just 1 line, I'm not too crazy for it. Not that I hate the song, but...you know what I mean.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There are far more older songs they could cover. "Let's Go Driving" debuted in the mid-80's (well, the TV version did at least. It was first sung on a 1982 album).