Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

Drtooth

Reaction score
We honestly deserve another series of Sesame Street Pez at least. Shame we'll never see them, though.

But there just has to be some surprise collectibles somewhere in consideration.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody suggested a 45th anniversary trivia book or game? I can't remember if I have, and I don't feel like searching through the thread right now.

Or how about a set of 45th anniversary trading cards? Maybe arranged by characters or moments from the show (or both).

If I did a set of 45th anniversary character trading cards, here's who I'd include:
1. Big Bird
2. Oscar
3. Ernie
4. Bert
5. Cookie Monster
6. Grover
7. Elmo
8. The Count
9. Telly Monster
10. Abby Cadabby
11. Zoe
12. Mr. Snuffleupagus
13. Prairie Dawn
14. Slimy
15. Rosita
16. Herry Monster
17. Baby Natasha
18. Humphrey and Ingrid
19. Two-Headed Monster
20. Murray Monster and Ovejita
21. Baby Bear
22. Barkley
23. Alice Snuffleupagus
24. Guy Smiley
25. Roosevelt Franklin
26. Biff and Sully
27. Little Bird
28. Sam the Robot
29. Mr. Johnson
30. Martians
31. Honkers
32. Dingers
33. Grundgetta
34. Bruno
35. Sherlock Hemlock
36. Gladys the Cow
35. Forgetful Jones
36. Clementine
37. Buster
38. Benny
39. Frazzle
40. Don Music
41. Dr. Nobel Price
42. Sonny Friendly
43. Horatio the Elephant
44. Fluffy
45. Betty Lou

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Has anybody suggested a 45th anniversary trivia book or game? I can't remember if I have, and I don't feel like searching through the thread right now.

Or how about a set of 45th anniversary trading cards? Maybe arranged by characters or moments from the show (or both).

If I did a set of 45th anniversary character trading cards, here's who I'd include:
1. Big Bird
2. Oscar
3. Ernie
4. Bert
5. Cookie Monster
6. Grover
7. Elmo
8. The Count
9. Telly Monster
10. Abby Cadabby
11. Zoe
12. Mr. Snuffleupagus
13. Prairie Dawn
14. Slimy
15. Rosita
16. Herry Monster
17. Baby Natasha
18. Humphrey and Ingrid
19. Two-Headed Monster
20. Murray Monster and Ovejita
21. Baby Bear
22. Barkley
23. Alice Snuffleupagus
24. Guy Smiley
25. Roosevelt Franklin
26. Biff and Sully
27. Little Bird
28. Sam the Robot
29. Mr. Johnson
30. Martians
31. Honkers
32. Dingers
33. Grundgetta
34. Bruno
35. Sherlock Hemlock
36. Gladys the Cow
35. Forgetful Jones
36. Clementine
37. Buster
38. Benny
39. Frazzle
40. Don Music
41. Dr. Nobel Price
42. Sonny Friendly
43. Horatio the Elephant
44. Fluffy
45. Betty Lou
THAT would be way too awesome!!

FunnyBear

Reaction score

1 through 25: Muppets
That'd be neat! They could have a character in the front, and a memorable moment in the back!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That'd be neat! They could have a character in the front, and a memorable moment in the back!
I was thinking a picture of a character and on the back some basic character info, maybe list performers and debut season, or make it a profile on the back. But yeah, it would be cool to also list some songs the character sang and maybe describe a memorable moment or two with the character.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something else I thought of tonight: Maybe an official photo (meaning not a screenshot) on the front, and a few still images from classic stills on the back, maybe with text overlayed on it.

Or maybe five images on the front: Four square clockwise still shots from the show, and a circular image that's not a still. For example, the Grover card could have stills from his "Near and Far" sketch, a Super-Grover segment, a waiter Grover segment, and Monster in the Mirror (or maybe an image of the original green Grover could be pictured in place of Monster in the Mirror or "near and far", maybe even the original "near and far" sketch). The Cookie Monster one could have images from the original C is for Cookie, Allistair Cookie, one of the Cookie's Crumby Pictures segments, and The Cookie Bunny. For Ernie, there could be images from the season two "Rubber Duckie", Ernie with a banana in his ear, "Dance Myself to Sleep" (or "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"), and Ernie as a knight from "Imagine That". For Bert, images could be from "Doin' the Pigeon", "Bert's Blanket", Ernie putting a pan on Bert's head, and Bert teaching Bernice how to play checkers. For Elmo, include images form "One Fine Face", "Elmo's Song", an Elmo's World clip, and an Elmo The Musical! clip. For someone more obscure like Bruno, include images from "Put It in the Trash Can", "bring your own can night", "Trash Outta Heaven", and Bruno on roller skates from "Big Bird's Birthday".

I also wonder if it'd be good to have different scarcity on each card. Maybe not something really scarce (like a card that only appears in 1 out of every 10 packages), but maybe the most common cards could have a 6 out of 10 chance of being in the package, and the least common being 3 out of 10. And when it comes to most common and least common cards, I wonder if it'd be better for the most popular characters being on the most common cards or least (and vice versa). Any idea which is more common for collectible trading cards for popular franchises? But in my mind, I'd have the Big Bird, Elmo, Abby, Cookie Monster, and The Count cards have a 6 out of 10 chance of being included, Ernie, Bert, Grover, Guy Smiley, Biff and Sully, Oscar, Slimey, and Zoe a 5 out of 10 chance, the Baby Bear, Telly, Herry, Prairie Dawn, Forgetful Jones, Clementine, Buster, Gladys, Rosita, Murray, Snuffy, and Two-Headed Monster cards a 4 out of 10 chance, and everybody else a 3 out of 10 chance.

I didn't include him on my previous list of characters, but I wonder if Sesame Workshop could include Kermit in a collection of Sesame Street trading cards. I'd like to think it's as okay as including existing Kermit material on video, online, album releases, and books on the history of the show, but you never know. Maybe that one could be a "special edition rare card", with only 1 or 2 included in every 10 packages. Though if a Kermit card could be included, and the card collection used my idea of screen shots around a non-still image, then perhaps many of the other character cards could have images from skits Kermit appeared in with them (like the Grover and Cookie ones having stills from one of the many Kermit and Grover/Cookie skits, and appearances alongside Kermit can appear on the cards for Don Music, Dr. Nobel Price, and Forgetful Jones, and so on). And still images I would choose for the Kermit card would be from the original "Bein' Green", Kermit's interview with Humpty Dumpty, Kermit and Joey singing the alphabet, and a Kermit and Grover skit.

Thinking more about my trading card idea, maybe for the 45th anniversary there could be 45 character cards, and then after the anniversary maybe a wave 2 or additional cards (maybe some characters could replace previous characters). There are a lot of characters I left out that I shouldn't have, like The Amazing Mumford, Chrissy and the Alphabeats, Little Jerry and the Monotones, Harvey Kneeslapper, Simon Soundman, Roxy Marie, Hoots the Owl, Fred the Wonder Horse, and of course many more!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Something else I thought of tonight: Maybe an official photo (meaning not a screenshot) on the front, and a few still images from classic stills on the back, maybe with text overlayed on it.

Or maybe five images on the front: Four square clockwise still shots from the show, and a circular image that's not a still. For example, the Grover card could have stills from his "Near and Far" sketch, a Super-Grover segment, a waiter Grover segment, and Monster in the Mirror (or maybe an image of the original green Grover could be pictured in place of Monster in the Mirror or "near and far", maybe even the original "near and far" sketch). The Cookie Monster one could have images from the original C is for Cookie, Allistair Cookie, one of the Cookie's Crumby Pictures segments, and The Cookie Bunny. For Ernie, there could be images from the season two "Rubber Duckie", Ernie with a banana in his ear, "Dance Myself to Sleep" (or "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"), and Ernie as a knight from "Imagine That". For Bert, images could be from "Doin' the Pigeon", "Bert's Blanket", Ernie putting a pan on Bert's head, and Bert teaching Bernice how to play checkers. For Elmo, include images form "One Fine Face", "Elmo's Song", an Elmo's World clip, and an Elmo The Musical! clip. For someone more obscure like Bruno, include images from "Put It in the Trash Can", "bring your own can night", "Trash Outta Heaven", and Bruno on roller skates from "Big Bird's Birthday".

I also wonder if it'd be good to have different scarcity on each card. Maybe not something really scarce (like a card that only appears in 1 out of every 10 packages), but maybe the most common cards could have a 6 out of 10 chance of being in the package, and the least common being 3 out of 10. And when it comes to most common and least common cards, I wonder if it'd be better for the most popular characters being on the most common cards or least (and vice versa). Any idea which is more common for collectible trading cards for popular franchises? But in my mind, I'd have the Big Bird, Elmo, Abby, Cookie Monster, and The Count cards have a 6 out of 10 chance of being included, Ernie, Bert, Grover, Guy Smiley, Biff and Sully, Oscar, Slimey, and Zoe a 5 out of 10 chance, the Baby Bear, Telly, Herry, Prairie Dawn, Forgetful Jones, Clementine, Buster, Gladys, Rosita, Murray, Snuffy, and Two-Headed Monster cards a 4 out of 10 chance, and everybody else a 3 out of 10 chance.

I didn't include him on my previous list of characters, but I wonder if Sesame Workshop could include Kermit in a collection of Sesame Street trading cards. I'd like to think it's as okay as including existing Kermit material on video, online, album releases, and books on the history of the show, but you never know. Maybe that one could be a "special edition rare card", with only 1 or 2 included in every 10 packages. Though if a Kermit card could be included, and the card collection used my idea of screen shots around a non-still image, then perhaps many of the other character cards could have images from skits Kermit appeared in with them (like the Grover and Cookie ones having stills from one of the many Kermit and Grover/Cookie skits, and appearances alongside Kermit can appear on the cards for Don Music, Dr. Nobel Price, and Forgetful Jones, and so on). And still images I would choose for the Kermit card would be from the original "Bein' Green", Kermit's interview with Humpty Dumpty, Kermit and Joey singing the alphabet, and a Kermit and Grover skit.

Thinking more about my trading card idea, maybe for the 45th anniversary there could be 45 character cards, and then after the anniversary maybe a wave 2 or additional cards (maybe some characters could replace previous characters). There are a lot of characters I left out that I shouldn't have, like The Amazing Mumford, Chrissy and the Alphabeats, Little Jerry and the Monotones, Harvey Kneeslapper, Simon Soundman, Roxy Marie, Hoots the Owl, Fred the Wonder Horse, and of course many more!
I would buy those trading cards in a heartbeat! Honestly, THAT is something that Sesame Workshop should consider doing for the anniversary, but no, all we have is that one lousy book re-release for toddlers that was already re-released for the 40th! Sesame Workshop, if you're reading this: you'd BETTER have a big surprise or 2 in store for us collectors!!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After looking at a thread from somebody who plans to make some Muppet legos, I wonder if a Sesame Street lego set would be a good idea. Would it be safe (i.e. no choking hazards) for the really young fans?

It would be great if sesamestreet.org would celebrate by putting up more classic clips (though it doesn't need to be strictly for the anniversary). I would say for the anniversary they should put up a mix of old and new clips, only there's not many clips from the last few years that are not available on the website. But maybe add some old street stories from before season 33 (a few classic street stories used to be on the site, but it looks like they're no longer there). Put in some clips from the Hawaii and Pureto Rico episodes, some rare street stories from the very early years (like the season one episode where Big Bird throws a fit over not going to day care, or some intriguing ones that Muppet Wiki has info on but not how they end) and perhaps some from the 1980s and from the around the corner era. Of course in the past few weeks (it seems like it's usually on Thursdays) Sesame Workshop has been putting up clips not on sesamestreet.org on its YouTube channel, including such rarities as the "Father Song" from season one and a rare Monster on the Spot segment with Brian Meehll as Telly (I didn't think Monster on the Spot had been around back then, though it seems like Monster on the Spot skits are somewhat rare, with the Monster on the Spot personae used more in street stories).

And here's a crazy idea... Rerelease the Sesame Street 30th anniversary beanbag toys, only promote it as the 45th anniversary, and include more characters. Murray and Abby should be obvious, but also include Biff, Sully, Mr. Johnson, Horatio the Elephant, Roosevelt Franklin, and Don Music.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
After looking at a thread from somebody who plans to make some Muppet legos, I wonder if a Sesame Street lego set would be a good idea. Would it be safe (i.e. no choking hazards) for the really young fans?

It would be great if sesamestreet.org would celebrate by putting up more classic clips (though it doesn't need to be strictly for the anniversary). I would say for the anniversary they should put up a mix of old and new clips, only there's not many clips from the last few years that are not available on the website. But maybe add some old street stories from before season 33 (a few classic street stories used to be on the site, but it looks like they're no longer there). Put in some clips from the Hawaii and Pureto Rico episodes, some rare street stories from the very early years (like the season one episode where Big Bird throws a LlegoL fit over not going to day care, or some intriguing ones that Muppet Wiki has info on but not how they end) and perhaps some from the 1980s and from the around the corner era. Of course in the past few weeks (it seems like it's usually on Thursdays) Sesame Workshop has been putting up clips not on sesamestreet.org on its YouTube channel, including such rarities as the "Father Song" from season one and a rare Monster on the Spot segment with Brian Meehll as Telly (I didn't think Monster on the Spot had been around back then, though it seems like Monster on the Spot skits are somewhat rare, with the Monster on the Spot personae used more in street stories).

And here's a crazy idea... Rerelease the Sesame Street 30th anniversary beanbag toys, only promote it as the 45th anniversary, and include more characters. Murray and Abby should be obvious, but also include Biff, Sully, Mr. Johnson, Horatio the Elephant, Roosevelt Franklin, and Don Music.
That would be me. If they did make Sesame Street

FunnyBear

Reaction score
LEGOs, they'd be Dulpo. Although, that'd be neat, KNEX has that license.